User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble With Navigation Spry

I have a site here which I expose scams: www.report-online-scams.com
    It has taken off like crazy. I started it about a week ago and I have a flood of content people wanting me to put up. I know that I need to change the side navigation because I will have a ton of stories. I will update them frequently too.

What I am trying to do is change my side navigation so that each month is categorized and then has the links in a fly out menu of all the reports done that month. The problem I am having is should I use spy on each page? Does this mean I am going to have to change each individual page so it has the new navigation.

I am trying to think of the best way to do it. Could someone please aid me on what I should do? My yahoo name is silver93350 ( I will be up for 2 more hours) if you want to help me that would be great!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not worked with the Spry navigation system, but to my (admittedly non-professional) eye, it's overkill for your site. You have, what, seven pages of content? It wouldn't be difficult to construct a suitable side nav system, implement it throughout your pages, and be done. You could do it in an hour or two.

This doesn't account for your future plans, in which case something more elaborate might be useful.

With this "flood of content" that people want you to include, you might consider a CMS to handle it, maybe Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla. I know how quickly this can overwhelm a static HTML site. (I haven't looked extensively at your site, you may be using a CMS now.)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I use wordpress for my blog on my site already. So I don't think that is an option. Do you think the best way to do it would be adding a spry navigation.