SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

want to convert my site into 4 different languages

Hi,

I have got a client who wants his site to be made in 4 different languages.
    the basic will be english and the rest r yet to be revealed. so is their any plugin
    or any code that would convert my english version of the site into which ever 4 to 5 languages required by the client. i have heard that it is possible but don't have any idea how it is done.

so please help me into this matter and suggest me any code or plugin or any opensource code available for language conversion if any.

Help Appreciated.

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Translating is not that simple. There is no magic computer system out there that can accurately translate between languages. Hire skilled translators to not only do word for word translations but also localization.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Logic earth is correct, software based translation is pretty much useless for accuracy on large documents, if you want your results to be anything close to being readable for those who speak another language you need to hire a translator or perhaps get someone who visits your website to do the translation for something

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, how about discussing the framework that will allow for the translation no matter how that will be done?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said already the only reliable way to do this is to get someone to translate all the text copy, and that includes page titles, meta content, and every image that has text on it.

I'd suggest totting up how much content you have in numbers of words the shopping around for translation quotes. So if you have 50,000 words on your site you need to ask how much it would cost to translate 50,000 words.