SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restaurant Reservation Software

Can anyone recommend Restaurant Reservation Software? My client needs to have a website where customers are able to make reservations online without overbooking.

Thank you!

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be either a custom built application one that would require a whole infrastructure to be created. Every filled and empty table must be recorded, the max capacity of the restaurant must be monitored and controlled. In either case its not a simple software download.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at restaurantdiary - out of UK but with licensees in Australia with offices in Sydney and Melbourne

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kindly contact to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBWDesigns View Post
    Can anyone recommend Restaurant Reservation Software? My client needs to have a website where customers are able to make reservations online without overbooking.

Thank you!
    Even if there are some solutions on the market, most likely they will not suit your needs totally, and some minor changes will be required anyway. Have you found the one already or at least base script?

If you plan to hire a programmer to develop the script for you, it is worth posting your requirements to freelance sites, freelance.com is one of the most popular sources.
    X-Cart - tens thousands live online shops worldwide
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I note PBW's response and disagree with it entirely.

There are many good and some great restaurant reservation systems out there - some with many thousands of man hours to develop and constantly being evolved to meet clients' changing needs. The software as a service option where you pay a small monthly fee to use the software and its features does seem the most sensible option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mconyers View Post
    I note PBW's response and disagree with it entirely.

There are many good and some great restaurant reservation systems out there - some with many thousands of man hours to develop and constantly being evolved to meet clients' changing needs. The software as a service option where you pay a small monthly fee to use the software and its features does seem the most sensible option.
    Oh, great. Could you please share links to some of such packages. Unfortunately i have never faced fully functional restaurant software, at the same some of our customers have asked for a script of this kind.
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    opentableDOTcom
    livebookingsDOTnet
    restaurantdiaryDOTcom
    Guestbridge
    Reservation Genie......

In an effort to stamp out forum SPAM only members with 10 posts or more can post website links or email addresses........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mconyers, thank you for the list. Some of our customers have required similar systems, I believe it is more practical to use existing one rather then building a new one from scratch.
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OpenTable seems to have won the war, at least here in DC. I use them often and can't really complain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joomla has an extension which has good reviews, it is a commercial extension but may well be worth a look! Appointment Booking Pro. A demo is available if you visit the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey dude i cant help you in this but i think it will be good to all of us. its good job but i think its difficult to develop this software. any way best of luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mySeat It's easy to book, search and organize your reservations with this open source restaurant reservation system. With an artificial intelligence mySeat