SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Adwords Questions

I am looking at using Adwords, I have researched it enough that it looks to be a wise choice for me however I have 1 question as I have never used adwords.

If someone clicks on the ad multiple times "over and over" to cause more fees are there safety guards in place for this that can track IPs and how many times someone visits?

Someone told me that Google only charges you once per unique IP, however I really do believe this is not the case?

My fear is having an ad, having some upset customer "it happens" and they click repeatedly or get a program and have it ping it a lot.

Look forward to seeing answers.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, Google has some method for dealing with multiple clicks, though I don't know the details. It probably isn't something you need to worry about, as you have little control over what your visitors do. However, you can be penalized if YOU click on your own ads, I believe.

SitePoint has a Google Ads forum where you might get a more definitive answer.

SitePoint Enthusiast WindowsHosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Yes, Google monitoring such activities, and if you have any problems talk with them. You could create your application which to monitor or log who came from your ads.

Regards
    Find Free ASP.NET hosting information and resources at http://www.windowshostingasp.net.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely nothing to worry about and it's quite an irrelevant concern. This is how Google make their money and thousands of companies and individuals use this service to their benefit (including myself). They wouldn't use it if that was a problem. The math is simple - run a campaign, track it, see the results; if it pays off, continue and scale it, if not try to fine tune it and if you can't make anything out of it before you waste your budget, scrap it. The potential is huge though.
    Saul

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moved to a more appropiate forum.