SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: eye problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eye problem?

Recently, I've been experiencing severe headaches and my eyes also hurts whenever I work on my PC or laptop. I've been working with a computer for 5 years and this is the first time that this happened to me. Any suggestions? Tylenol doesn't work much either...
    sig space open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devAngel View Post
    Recently, I've been experiencing severe headaches and my eyes also hurts whenever I work on my PC or laptop. I've been working with a computer for 5 years and this is the first time that this happened to me. Any suggestions? Tylenol doesn't work much either...
    Try to take regular breaks away from the screen; it might also pay to turn down the brightness of the screen and work zoomed in a little. I take it you have had an eye test.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried that already... now I can't look at the screen for too long. I cant finish my work if this continues i noticed the headache only triggers when i look at the laptop, is there a difference between lcd monitor to laptop screen?

thanks for the advice though, i'll check on the doctor too
    sig space open...

SitePoint Enthusiast WickedGoddess's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you're washing your eyes very often? or you don't sleep very well.

As much as possible I don't look very near at the computer screen. I always practice 24 inches distance from it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be developing a sensitivity to flourescent light. I encourage you to google that.

I struggled with a somewhat sudden onset of strange headaches for several months, even paid for an MRI etc. when the eye doctors and family physicians couldn't figure out a cause.

In the end, a simple golf visor to keep the overhead lights off my eyes worked wonders. Recently I also added a tint to my glasses, which has helped further. Now I'm basically headache free... unless I leave my visor off for a few hours.

You'll be even more susceptible to this if you have blue eyes (according to my eye doctor); since you don't have as much pigment in your eyes absorbing the light, more of it is bouncing around in there.

Hope that helps...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every problem does not happen instantaneously , from past 5 years your eyes are taking toll and now they have started giving up. I think its better to consult a doctor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wspurgeon View Post
    You may be developing a sensitivity to flourescent light. I encourage you to google that.

I struggled with a somewhat sudden onset of strange headaches for several months, even paid for an MRI etc. when the eye doctors and family physicians couldn't figure out a cause.

In the end, a simple golf visor to keep the overhead lights off my eyes worked wonders. Recently I also added a tint to my glasses, which has helped further. Now I'm basically headache free... unless I leave my visor off for a few hours.

You'll be even more susceptible to this if you have blue eyes (according to my eye doctor); since you don't have as much pigment in your eyes absorbing the light, more of it is bouncing around in there.

Hope that helps...

thank you...this one worked best. Though its weird for my co-workers to see me in golf visor inside the office :P

thanks for the advice guy...appreciate it
    sig space open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too since I have with computers sometimes I'm also experiencing sever headache feels like I'm experiencing a migraine that i don't wanna hear any single noise and don't wanna see light also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do not concentrate too much on PC screen. Sit at a fair distance from PC. take a little break. Clsoe your eyes, or see far away in open area during break. it will help to overcome your problem. Most important consult a doctor.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Lcd monitor and glass....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably the light. It affects some people more than others. You can get special screens to lessen the glare in computer shops. You should take 15 minute breaks every hour too.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why no-one has said "see an optition" or a professional who actually knows about conditions why can affect the human eye is beyond me. They can test your vision to make sure there is no underlying cause for your migraines. People on here seem confident to place blame firmly on the technology when it could be something entirely unrelated, like you said, its only recently you are being affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on a long professional experience, I would suggest an eye test.
    In fact if your eyes have reached their limit of accommodation, that is if your eyes cannot focus on the computer screen
    without strain, then you could easily get a headache or a "pressure" above the eyes.
    super utility software
    some very useful softwares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm....guess i'll better pay a visit to my eye doctor then,
    sig space open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Why no-one has said "see an optition" or a professional who actually knows about conditions why can affect the human eye is beyond me.
    " I take it you have had an eye test" doesn't count then?
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awhile back I saw some glasses (non-prescription, non-tinted) that were supposedly designed for people that sit at computers all day. They were supposed to help with eye-strain. I have no idea if they worked though and from what I can remember they were pretty $$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmac View Post
    Awhile back I saw some glasses (non-prescription, non-tinted) that were supposedly designed for people that sit at computers all day. They were supposed to help with eye-strain. I have no idea if they worked though and from what I can remember they were pretty $$$.
    Some research has been made on which tint is the best for work in front of the computer screen.
    They found that a slight green with super coating would be the best.
    Personally, I think an eye test is the appropriate way to go.
    If the eye has difficulty in focusing then a pair of corrected glasses should relieve the pain.
    Do not forget the super coating .....
    As to the non-prescription, non-tinted glasses it is up to the buyer to believe it or not !!!!!
    super utility software
    some very useful softwares

SitePoint Member Neil BennettAAaa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all are profession and spend our mostly time front of computer screen that create many eyes problem, actually I am facing some eyes problem and then my doctor suggest me that you should use antiglayer and take rest during the work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh no's! you got the turrocorus virus?!

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd seriously suggest for you to have a eye doctor have look at it. Don't know how it is where you live, but here we have opticians and eye doctors. I'd recommend to see the latter because of the symptoms you describe.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble