SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using JS and PHP together

I have a HTML page with a form (and it's own JS validation) that calls a PHP script that does validation of the form.
    A few questions
    1. Is it better to have the whole lot encapsulated within a single PHP file? How would such a file be set out i.e. having the JS and HTML present within?
    2. If I keep the current format (e.g. separate files) where would I put the files on the web server. Would I require seperate directories or could they be in the same directory?
    3. I want to test the PHP validation as if the JS had failed or was turned off. I am testing the code on a WAMP2 server on my laptop. What wold be the best way to set up for the testing?
    ========================
    Carn the Tiges!
    www.petalsandpatches.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigers!
    2. If I keep the current format (e.g. separate files) where would I put the files on the web server. Would I require seperate directories or could they be in the same directory?
    They can be anywhere. There's no reason to create separate directories for every file?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers!
    3. I want to test the PHP validation as if the JS had failed or was turned off.
    Turn off JavaScript in your browser and submit the form.