SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question about Wordpress

Hello,

I have a little question about Wordpress's plugin.

How can I add an introduction for each category, so when you click to enter a category, you will find an introduction of category's role.

NB: I hope this is the good place to ask this kind of question, if not, thanks in advance to move it to the right place.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What plugin?
    Do want to make a change in the plugin code, or do you want to know how to use it?
    Did you try and ask on the WP support forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    What plugin?
    Do want to make a change in the plugin code, or do you want to know how to use it?
    Did you try and ask on the WP support forum?
    hello Guido,

I don't know if there is a plugin, for that I'm asking maybe it's available.

About Wordpress forum I asked them and still waiting their answer, but I like so much this forum because I get a quick help.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure what is being asked here, since the OPs posts are not clear. However, Wordpress allows one to add descriptions to categories out-of-the-box. These descriptions are available to themes via the category_description function (aka "template tag").
    Salathe
    Software Developer and PHP Manual Author.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what is being asked here, since the OPs posts are not clear. However, Wordpress allows one to add descriptions to categories out-of-the-box. These descriptions are available to themes via the category_description function (aka "template tag").
    Dear Slathe

First thanks for your reply. ok I will explain what I mean exactly :

you have blog with many categories ( news, sports, .... )

in each category, there is a lot of posts, so think I post from few months a subject about this category, and about its role, goals,... this subject is the introduction, and I want to show this post about all the posts, because it will be difficult to see it or to find it.

Best regards.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salathe gave you the solution. Set a category description and display it at the top of your category theme file (category.php).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    Salathe gave you the solution. Set a category description and display it at the top of your category theme file (category.php).
    Dear Dan,

Thanks a lot for your reply, will try to do that and back to you soon, but please don't forget that I don't high programming level, but really I will try to do my best, and if I find it very hard, I will return with the script of the page.

Best regards