SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uploading a compiled ASP.Net website to 1&1 MS Hosting

I have a compiled ASP.Net 2.0 website that I need to install on a 1&1 MS Hosting web server. I've successvully dumped the MS SQL Server which is up and running, but I can't seem to get the website to work???

The error message that I am getting is:

Code:
    Configuration Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) (web.config line 170)

Source Error: 

Line 168:
    Line 169:		<httpModules>
    Line 170:			<add name="EntityTransactionModule" type="PFP.Web.Data.EntityTransactionModule"/>
    Line 171:		</httpModules>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For this error message, you should contact your hosting company for help, they can fix it on server end, it's not a big problem to them, we always met this problem before and usually fixed by server agent within few minutes.

ALT.NET - because we need it silver trophybronze trophy dhtmlgod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah, Enterprise Library sucks!

But that's not going to sort your problem. The issue is that the Enterprise Library is installed in your GAC, and not installed on the server. What you need to do is copy the assemblies to the remote server /bin directory. It's been a long time since I've installed the Enterprise Library, so I'm not sure where you would be able to find a copy of them, but they should be somewhere.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd argue that the Caching block is actually one of the worthwhile pieces of said library. Data Access is not a horrible choice if you need to write alot of ADO boilerplate for some reason.

My money is on the app does not need to be in the BIN, but it does want to register it's insturmentation in the windows registry, which one cannot edit in most hosting environments. I think they added a compilation switch in 2.0 to set it up not to do this, but I don't recall exactly how to do it anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwb_99 View Post
    I'd argue that the Caching block is actually one of the worthwhile pieces of said library. Data Access is not a horrible choice if you need to write alot of ADO boilerplate for some reason.
    We use Memcachd for all our caching, and NHibernate for all our DB stuff, both O/RM and raw ADO.NET. A lot less ceremony that EL and far more testable

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well aren't you special <g>. At the moment, nHibernate is DOA to me until they get LINQ support baked. Now, once they do, alot of this LINQ2SQL stuff is getting ripped out and replaced. But until such time it's majorly hamstrung.

Memcached is nice, but the win32 version is officially unsupported so I can't really deploy it to production. It also happens to be overkill for most of the apps we have these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linq support for NHibernate is coming along well. Some company is sponsoring an in-house developer to work on it. Here is a link to his twitter: http://twitter.com/srstrong

I like their Criteria stuff and Hql, very powerful combination.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear they have some solid resources on the project. Unfortunately, coming along well isn't show ready, which is what I needed this month. Criteria/HQL is nice, but if I went with something that didn't support LINQ, it would have been subsonic (which also now has imminent LINQ support in 3.0) as we've got some familiarity with that package. But LINQ support really was the kicker--it is so much cleaner than any other option. In addition, given the fact that LINQ support is coming from multiple angles (the EF 4.0 looks promising too), means that we should have a pretty easy time of swapping out the underlying ORM when there is something a bit better than L2S available.