User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Site Testing Software? Anyone???

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie at website building. I have some very very very basic info from what i learned from college....aka(didn't pay much attention....hehe).

But what i want to know is, is there any free web site testing software out there?

Where I can upload my script and play with the code and see what it does, check buttons and features. I do not want to deal with free web hosting web sites for testing and don't want to invest in web hosting just yet. I want to play with it anywhere i go. Make my own personal made web site.

This will give me hands on learning so when i do invest in hosting, im ready for my website to be out there. You know what i mean.

Is there web testing software I can buy, i perfer free but not at the expense of altering my learning.

I hope this isn't a dumb post. But I'm now wanting to learn all these things. From what I see and read at this site, I will learn a great deal from all of you. Thank you, mlkreamer

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can run it right on your computer. Download XAMPP and you have your own live web server just like a web host. Or use IIS which comes with Windows (Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Features) if you prefer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    You can run it right on your computer. Download XAMPP and you have your own live web server just like a web host. Or use IIS which comes with Windows (Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Features) if you prefer.
    I will try the xampp. Looks very cool and useful. I saw many good reviews on it.

Are there any other useful tools i should consider when working on my projects?
    Thanks, mlkreamer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    Ok, i tried to load it at work....no go.

The installer does not work for some reason. I'm going to try it when i get home but im worried because i have the same layout. Laptop with xp on it.

The error message is: XAMPP win32 not found. Unable to get install path.

I downloaded the 7 zip and the other one as well. Can you explain how to install this without the installer? Like the zip file i downloaded.

Has anyone ran into this?

How can I easily install this?

Sorry, newbie.