SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Display Google Sponsored Links on your web page

As many of you already know Google have an AJAX API, allowing developers to place Google search results on their own web page. After looking through their reference I've been able to find ways of doing the same for each of their other major services, from news to video, even to local results.

One thing I have struggled to find, however, is a way to display JUST the sponsored links from the right-hand side of a Google page.

I am trying to create a mash-up home page of Google by using the (admittedly, poor) API's available to me, from Analytics to the AJAX API, but I would like to be able to include the sponsored links on my mashed-up web page as well. Is it possible to grab just the sponsored links off of a given search and to place them in plain text (not using an iframe) on my web page so I can modify the result?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. That would let you pull arbitrary ads and display them on arbitrary pages. That's not what AdWords advertisers are paying for, so you can't be allowed to do it.

You can run AdSense of course if the page meets the publisher guidelines.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply.

All I'm trying to do is emulate a Google search, but with the data mixed up, essentially writing a search engine powered by Google but with a strange design and mixed in with other Google applications.

As this is the case, if I were to put AdSense on my web page would it mimic the results given by a normal Google search? For example, if I were to search for Alton Towers on my page and Google would they give the same results on their sponsored areas? Is this at all possible with the AJAX RESTful API and/or AdSense?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way to get the exact same ads without becoming a full fledged search partner (like AOL.com, think much bigger site).