User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uploading a video to a wordpress page.

I just set up my ftp (with filezilla).
    I've been trying to upload a video to a word press page. I've made the page and tried to upload from my desktop, but each time (after a real long time) its timed out.
    So I uploaded it to, wp content....then put the video in the uploads folder. Its a .mov 939mb.
    Theres the uploads folder, then a sub folder called 2009.
    i've put it in both, but it doesnt show up in the media library section of my wordpress account.
    I want to have the video play on a word press page, how would i do that, am i even going the right route?

SitePoint Member Pub_Perfection's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

A couple of different procedures which I have used:

(1) Sign up for YouTube and upload your video
    (2) Use the YouTube embedding code inside your WordPress Post or page. Select HTML edit first and then copy and paste it in
    (3) Facebook has a superior encoding routine for Videos. Sign up, upload your video and then copy and paste your embedding code using the HTML mode of WordPress.
    (4) A great WordPress plugin to install which makes this so much easier is: Viper's Video Quicktags

HTH and good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have mentioned before, but thats the whole problem. The videos have some copy written music and i when i upload them to youtube the audio gets nixed.

SitePoint Member Pub_Perfection's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Send a very polite email request to the creator/owner/web site where this Video appears. This is the site where the original Video is located. Request permission to embed the Video in your WordPress page and ask for the embedding code. Offer them a link back under the video and provide them with the exact location of your site (URL) and where you intend to embed the Video with their explicit permission. If they have other requirements, indicate that you will be happy to comply and you support DMCA.

Sign your full real name to the email and save it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the owner, their short films i made, haha, is there another site like youtube that isnt so prissy? The one video is 11 minutes long, and vimeo is all i can think of, but i think you have to pay to put a video that long up....