User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Integrating external login on site

Hi there,

I am putting together a homepage for a client who just wants a login on the homepage which will direct them straight to the companies basecamp client area.

I read a thread on basecamps forum that advised you could just grab the login form on the basecamp site and alter the url's which seems to work well.

Only problem - if the password is incorrect it will take clients to basecamps error page. What I need is it to redirect to our own error page as the client wants it to completely bypass basecamps login area.

I'm a complete js novice but is that what I need to use for this? If anyone would be able to point me in the right direction to sort this out I would be very grateful, the test page I put together is here:

http://deadcertdesign.com/liforme/feral.html

Thanks in advance!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only way you can do this is if the login is somehow validated on the server ie:

web client <--> your server <--> basecamp site

your server relays the information to the basecamp site, and somehow checks if it was accepted or not.

what i'm saying is that the basecamp site controls the form result, not you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for your helpful replies. The client has compromised that it is ok if an incorrect login takes you to basecamp error page, which is good as I think the other solutions are beyond what is technically possible for me at the moment.

Cheers