User Tag List

Thread: Zune browser?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Zune browser?

Hi peoples,

A web-comic I read online had its author just change jobs, and she linked to the ZuneHD page. I'd forgotten what a zune was, so looked it up and saw the same single article copied across many many news outlets, that this new zune has a web browser and some other stuff.

It's an MS product but does anyone know what the browser is? Is it new? A version of IE or some sort of Trident-based thing?

Mostly, searching for zune browser on the interwebs brings up lots of old forums where people say the zune doesn't have a browser and never will (eye roll).
    This is all I can find: useless zune link which pretty much says nothing about the browser except it supports some sort of automatic zoom.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zune HD isn't available yet, the page is a preview of the product to come. MS hasn't released any info on exactly what the browser does, so nobody knows. Chances are it's based on some version of Trident though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah ok. Thanks, I thought it was already out or newly released or something.

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Zune uses a subset of Windows CE so It will use the same browser as an Windows Mobile device. So its probably: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_Mobile
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    According to Wikipedia and every other report I have looked into logic_earth is entirely correct...

Web browser (based on Internet Explorer Mobile 6 for Windows CE).
    Though Microsoft have yet to confirm this I very much doubt they would have swung away from their existing technology for IEMobile, especially as IEMobile is among the most popular browsers in the mobile space (Behind OperaMini and Safari).