User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress Reseller Hosts

Hi,

I have read 100's of reviews and posts on hosting on who is good and who is bad. As I am sure you are all aware there seems to be nothing near a definitive answer on any host out there.

That said I am asking the community here (as you guys seem the most knowledgeable and impartial) for recommendations.

I am looking for a reseller account that I can use to sell hosting packages for (primarily) wordpress based music sites.

I am currently hosting several similar sites via a non-reseller account at site5. They have been a bit hit or miss over the years I have been with them but they are cheap for unlimited resources.

Speed is very important to me as is private name servers and being able to completely brand the offering.

I am not going to have a massive amount of clients in the beginning so a host I can grow with would be preferable.

Also very important to me is the UI of the control panel. For this reason Media Temple is attractive but it looks expensive.

Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    MusicNet

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always felt the reviews here are honest
    http://whreviews.com/
    and the owner of that site is also a member here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks but their list is pretty limited and doesn't include the hosts I have been looking at:

Site5 - I am already with them, seems like good value, Ben (CEO) seems to be working on improving everything there. Also better the devil you know

MediaTemple - Nice looking control panel (v. important to me), heard good things. Drawbacks expensive.

UK2 - UK based (I am UK based as will vast majority of my customers and to a certain extent their visitors), seems good value.

Who else should I consider? Hostgator seems to have quite mixed reviews plus seems awfully cheap and I am worried that means I will be on a crowded server?