SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Images-very Poor

I have a simple web site.When I try and place images onto it they are extremely poor.When I view it on my computer before I load it onto the web page it appears good but when I view it on the web its terrible.Please check out my "image" page and look at the 3rd image down(Commando wheel) Any ideas would be appreciated, my site is wheelandspoke .co .nz

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's because your images aren't scales to an even multiplier of your site display. Your page markup has the images as 400x300, but your image in reality is 918x688. The browser will try to rescale the image to the appropriate dimensions, but if it's not an even multiplier (say 800x600), then distortions will occur.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave-Do I redo the photo with my editor and have it downscaled to the 400x300.Does that mean I just need to alter the no of pixels to the 400x300?

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You just need to resize the images. Most image editors have a resize option (for example, in paint.NET, it's in the image menu bar nder resize). You just need to resize them to a size where the browsers can evenly scale it down to the correct image size. You can use 400x300, 600x450(which is 1 1/2 times 400x300), 800x600 (which is 2 times 400x300), or any variations there of as long as the conversion works out the same....
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse