User Tag List

Thread: Need PTC script

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need PTC script

I want to turn my existing site into a PTC site. I want to spend as little as possible right now. I am looking for a cheap script. I am using godaddy right now but am open to ideas. Any help here?

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does PTC stand for?
    Is it Paid to Click?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know a lot about it, but I found this one
    http://www.getpaidscene.com/scripts.php?info=offers

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason you want to run a Pay-to-Click over a Pay-per-Click system?
    inClick Ad Server - Start Your Own Performance Based Ad Network
    Key Features | Download inClick Now | Free Ad Server Hosting Offer

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i thought they were the same? What's the difference?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmike101 View Post
    actually i thought they were the same? What's the difference?
    The difference is quite large, actually.

PTC is Pay to Click
    This is when the network is looking for its users to click on ads to be paid - incentive based clicking. These type of networks typically don't last long as the model, quite frankly, doesn't work. Advertisers that do participate quickly realize that while they may be getting a lot of clicks for a low amount per click, the quality of the traffic is poor. Consider the mindset of the person viewing the ad: they are looking to make money by clicking on the ad more so than what the advertiser is offering, no interest in the advertisers offering. The long term effect is a one-off advertiser that will never return or continue advertising on your system.

PPC is Pay per Click
    This is where the advertiser is paying on a per click basis. This, however, is where the similarity ends (for reputable networks) as incentive based clicking is not supported. Reputable PPC sites will randomly and routinely audit traffic for quality. Advertisers that utilize a reputable network will see fewer clicks at a higher cost per click with some of those clicks converting to an action (purchase, subscription, etc). The better PPC's will also include some form of conversion tracking as well, be it post click or post view. The problem is that many small networks have little to no real safeguards in place to stop click-fraud from occurring, let alone handle any significant traffic volume (use of cheap scripts). When selecting an advertising platform, these are two things you definitely want to look out for. In the case of PPC, advertisers should see conversions and likely renew or continue advertising on your network since they are getting real results.

Disclosure: As you can see from my signature, I am involved with a platform that does the latter of the two models. I do suggest looking around to see what is available to make an informed decision.

-Bing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to try your script can you help with install and hosting?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to try your script can you help with install and hosting?
    Getting started is pretty easy as the system includes an installation wizard that checks to make sure your web environment has met requirements. This is our "Getting Started Checklist":

1. Download and Unpack / Unzip the inClick Ad Server zip or gzip file locally maintaining the directory structure.
    2. Upload ad server to web site in Binary mode maintaining directory structure. (Upload in Binary, not ASCII)
      SHOWSTOPPER: Uploading in ASCII will yield invalid results!
    3. Open your browser and go to the directory of your ad server installation. This will take you through the Installation Wizard.
    4. Do not forget to set the Cron Tab / Cron Job / Scheduled Task for system maintenance.
      SHOWSTOPPER: Failure to complete this step will yield your system non-functional! DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
    5. Login as the Administrator - This applies updates to the DB.
    6. Configure the System - System Setup
    7. Create Channels / Zones (if needed)
    8. Configure Countries (if using Geographical Targeting)
    9. Setup house ads by logging into the House Advertiser account:
      Accounts > View Advertisers > 1001 > Login As User
      NOTE: When creating house ads, be sure to select All Keywords in the Keyword Step.

NOTE: Ads from the house account (1001) will be delivered at a rate of zero (0.00) cost per click regardless of what you entered. Should you wish to deliver advertising that has a value associated with it, you will need to create a separate advertiser account and post a credit to fund the account. This secondary account will be subject to the Performance Lease Fee.
    10. Show ads by placing ad code from the house publisher account:
      Accounts > View Publishers > 1002 > Login As User > Ad Code Wizard

As for hosting services, I can only suggest using a dedicated server provider such as RackSpace or ThePlanet as many shared providers, particularly the inexpensive ones, do not permit advertising networks. If you do find one that doesn't have that restriction, you need to verify they have met the minimum server requirements.

Support for installation is provided, however, is not hands-on. To request support, you would log into your inClick.net account and open a support ticket. We address every ticket within one business day - in most cases within an hour of submission.

Let me know how things go.

-Bing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does this mean? Open your browser and go to the directory of your ad server installation. This will take you through the Installation Wizard. ????

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does this mean? Open your browser and go to the directory of your ad server installation. This will take you through the Installation Wizard. ????
    This means that after you have uploaded the files to your web server, you would go to the corresponding directory in your browser (IE, FireFox). If you are uploading the files into a directory in the web root of "/network", you would go to "http://www.yourdomain.com/network" to start the installation process.

The "Installation Wizard" is the utility that will walk you through the process of installing the product.

-Bing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it having php problems I will probally pay for hosting elsewhere and have you guy's install it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have recently created a script...

demo: duelbux . com