SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geosite View Post
    Likewise, no one's forcing Microsoft to do business in Europe.
    Any director that tried to authorize pulling out of Europe would be in breach of their fiduciary duty to maximize shareholder value and sued. A couple million people are holding a gun to Microsoft's head on that, they're the corporation's shareholders.

Nothing in this thread has to do with an ex-CEO's personal fortune, local soccer teams, or fictional companies named Billysoft. Please stay on topic.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    A couple million people are forcing it to. They're called shareholders. Any director that tried to authorize pulling out of Europe would be in breach of their fiduciary duty to maximize shareholder value and sued.
    The shareholders are part of Microsoft. If they want the company to do business in Europe, then they're going to have to accept the fact that the Europeans aren't goint to give them the free ride they've enjoyed here in the U.S. for so long. In other words, deal with it.

Nobody will sue you for buying Apple.
    ??? I never got sued when I bought a computer with Windows, either. Almost wish someone had sued me sometimes.

Nothing in this thread has to do with an ex-CEO's personal fortune, local soccer teams, or fictional companies named Billysoft. Please stay on topic.
    I am on topic; that's all part of Microsoft. Billysoft isn't a fictional company; it's a catch-all term that includes Microsoft, the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates' father's law firm, the sports team that advertises for Microsoft and on and on. That's one of the reasons the European Union has had such a hard time holding Microsoft accountable; it's a vast, diverse and very deceptive empire.

Now if Opera forced Norwegian taxpayers to pay for a sports stadium, then ordered team uniforms that advertised Opera, guess who'd be whining about it...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish people would stop responding to geosite. His arguments against the company he so fondly badmouths are frivolous at best and bilious at worst. Anyone with half a brain can easily see that he’s just trolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now if Opera forced Norwegian taxpayers to pay for a sports stadium, then ordered team uniforms that advertised Opera, guess who'd be whining about it...
    So am I to understand that Microsoft forced tax payers to pay for a stadium in the US? Sorry I never heard about that one.

Billysoft isn't a fictional company
    Really? The only time I've ever heard of Billysoft is here on Sitepoint, particularly by your posts.

Anyway, this is off topic so I'll just stop here.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rozner View Post
    So am I to understand that Microsoft forced tax payers to pay for a stadium in the US? Sorry I never heard about that one.
    The stadium was built for Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by rozner View Post
    Really? The only time I've ever heard of Billysoft is here on Sitepoint, particularly by your posts.
    No, Billysoft is NOT a fictional company. I explained what it means. If you care to suggest an alternate term with the same meaning, please do.

Anyway, this is off topic so I'll just stop here.

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, this has gone far, far off topic and here is a good place to stop. Thread closed.