SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to point all subdomains to main directory using CPanel

Im using Cpanel and I would like to have all subdomains of a domain I host point to the main root directory of the site. How would I do that in cpanel? When I click on subdomains do I just put the wildcard * for the subdomain name?

Also what do I do if I want to point all subdomains to the main directory except for the certain domains I specify? So if I wanted blogs.domain.com to point do a different location but still have all other subdomains point to the main directory.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While creating subdomains, rather than defining a specific folder you can specify as / which would be the document root of the domain. And yes * would create wildcard subdomains so when ever you access ttt.domainname or zzz.domainname, you will get the normal page defined for any subdomainname.
    ------------
    hzSari | HostingZoom.com
    ModVPS.com | ResellerZoom.com
    Power Speed Reliability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SariJ View Post
    While creating subdomains, rather than defining a specific folder you can specify as / which would be the document root of the domain. And yes * would create wildcard subdomains so when ever you access ttt.domainname or zzz.domainname, you will get the normal page defined for any subdomainname.
    Thanks! What if I wanted all subdomains to point to one particular directory except one of them? If I add the wildcard then the other subdomain I want will that 1 specific domain work or will it follow the wildcard match?