SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subdomain in other server, get "Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanelŽ"

Hi guys, this is very basic question if you have a website with 2 or more servers

i have two server, both are using whm/cpanel

i had been pointing a subdomain.domain.com to the second server IP 111.222.333.444 in first server WHM "Edit DNS Zone", its already 48 hours now

now i can login the ftp subdomain.domain.com, its success to login to the ftp

but its still showing this message when open the subdomain site from browser

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanelŽ and WHM™ Server
    If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!
    If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

About cPanel:
    cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.

About Apache HTTP Server:
    The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

what should i do to fix this guys

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to configure hosting for the domain on the server it's pointing to.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    You need to configure hosting for the domain on the server it's pointing to.
    i had create the account for subdomain.domain.com in the second server

like its said, i can login to the ftp, but accessing from browser still get that message

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel&#174; and WHM™ Server

what i need to fix

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure that the ip 111.222.333.444 do have the

NameVirtualHost 111.222.333.444:80

set in the apache config file.
    ------------