SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press release or article submission?

Both press release and article submission are the basic ways to do general marketing. Which one do you prefer? Or do you confuse them?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do both - the $80 PRWeb one is usually enough to get in Google News - you can use Press Equalizer to submit (semi automatically) to some other ones for free, but they don't have the weight of PRWeb.
    Articles: submit to EzineArticles first - using your keyword anchor text in the resource box. Then if you want to get really heavy have a look at my post about UAW - this is awesome - if you want me to send you my template for generating 1000 resource boxes for use with UAW please ask me nicely and I'll send it to you
    Also consider video submission, podcasting and getting clever with web 2.0 sites and social bookmarking.

SitePoint Enthusiast Shilpa Mehta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are equally important. Article submission brings huge traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh BTW there is a free article marketing course here, you have to opt in to get it, but it's by the UAW guy (Noel Swanson) who really knows his stuff. And there is some very good info and strategies in there.

Here you go http://www.ricklomas.com/free-articl...ng-course.html

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Press Release and article are definately different each other. I would say Press Release is a lot more powerful than articles, however, if you have some writing skills, you should do the articles and submit to the article sites that drive traffics.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that by using UAW you can get 1000's of backlinks from unique versions of 1 article (not spinning either) - and as I say, ask me for my resource box template and you can generate 1000+ resource boxes - all different! Powerful stuff.
    I believe there is even a press release version available soon too (might even be out already).
    The free course is here:
    Don't forget about videos and podcasting too for back links there are some good articles about video marketing available here

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Article writing and press release are similar but there are a few differences. Press Release usually is used whenever there is a new important event like a product launch or new site. It is also written in the 3rd person.
    Learn all the safety features of Gas Fireplace Heaters

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmiller02 View Post
    Both press release and article submission are the basic ways to do general marketing. Which one do you prefer? Or do you confuse them?
    OK the original question is now answered: Do both, and don't confuse them.

The premier sites to write for are PRWeb and EzineArticles respectively.
    If you can write at the standard required for these, it will do you a lot of favors and you could probably stop there, but you can go further if you wish (or if you cannot write at the standard required)...

Many other (and free) PR sites and Article sites are very unpicky and are perfect for writing more crappier articles and press releases purely to obtain backlinks. But it is fruitless to trawl through these manually so use Press Equalizer and UAW to semi automate these (many don't require registration, so you can get quite hardcore and spammy with those!).

That's it - but remember there are shedloads of other ways to get traffic, so do everything and keep doing it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i prefer both