SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSE provider error

I am getting a "The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file." error in the browser...anyone know how to get around this error. Attached is part of the webconfig.

thanks

the website is here www dapchoa org

<connectionStrings>
    <remove name="MSSQLHOST" />
    <add name="MSSQLHOST" connectionString="Data Source=10.8.12.8, 3306 ;Initial Catalog=dapchoa;User Id=dapchoa_webuser;Password=XXXXX;"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="DAPCHOADB" connectionString="Data Source=10.8.12.8, 3306 ;Initial Catalog=dapchoa;User Id=dapchoa_webuser;Password=XXXXX;"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have specified 3306, are you trying to connect to MySql? Last time I checked, there were some issues with MySql in anything but high trust.

Also disable the membership/profile/authentication providers if you don't need 'em. If you do, ensure that they are not point to LocalSqlServer but rather the appropriate instance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what poert should i use its a MSSQL database ? I will need to keep the authentication in place....You able to work this for me ? let me know email me etc.

thanks

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1433 is the default port, but you don't need to specify in general unless you are using an alternate port.