SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saving .ra files . . . .

How can I save RealAudio files to my PC so I don't have to be online to play them?

Also, can these files be converted to .wav so they can be burned onto a cd so I can listen to them elsewhere besides just on my PC?

Any help, or links to help are greatly appreciated....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to save an RA file (that I know of) is to first save the RAM file. Open that up in a text editor and look at the text there. If the file is an HTTP path then paste that into a browser. However, if it's NOT an HTTP path then the browser won't recognize it as a path and will not play the file. It has to do with the way RA is set up.

And yes, you can convert it. Do a search for "convert real audio to wav" or something similar.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already tried typing in the file path, and it does the same thing as when I play it from the link on the site I'm getting it from. It's just a link.

I tried to right click & "save as", but all it will do is save as a link or a bookmark, not the actual file.

I guess I could hook up my microphone and record it as it plays. That'd probably work, especially if I could tie into my PC's speaker system through an ear plug or headphone port.

I might try that if I can't figure out something easier. Thanks....