User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Me Select: HostGator or Bluehost?

Hi Guys,

Was actually wondering what you guys recommend as far HostGator Reselling opportunity vs Bluehost re-selling opportunity. I came prepared for this questions, so here are my goals:

Goals:
    Long Term - I've biz established already and would like to add hosting as unlimited bonuses and even start a hosting business slowly as my own forums start to pick intensity

The 24-month option of Bluehost seems irresistable with unlimited bandwidth and 1tb of space (as their chat), kind of skeptical as it isn't in writing, but it seems they have a better offter at first then Hostgator, but they don't provide a billing system like: whmautopilot. PL nameservers are also $2/month with Bluehost, but Hostgator reseller options has them included.

Am I missing something guys? Tried my best to describe this, let's see!

Thank you all,

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to be bit careful with the hosting providers describing Disk Space and Bandwidth as "UNLIMITED". As far as I know there's not any Unlimited Hard Drive Disk in existence and no one will allow you to use unlimited bandwidth because bandwidth is a commodity that someone needs to pay for eventually.

The term unlimited is only a marketing strategy go through the TOS of companies offering unlimited space or bandwidth and you will find some restrictions after all nothing in the world is unlimited.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I missing something guys?
    I believe so. Bluehost offers only shared hosting (from what I know and live chat told me), which you can't really compare with a reseller account. A reseller account enables you to create end users accounts, which are have individual control panels, login credentials, won't make mention of your upstream provider etc.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you need (or expect to soon need) anything other than a standard shared hosting account then you will need to look somewhere other than BlueHost as BlueHost currently only offer shared hosting. They do apparently have plans to eventually introduce VPS hosting but they have been claiming that for at least several years now and are still no closer to doing so.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Well, when it comes to choosing a hosting package, be sure about your requirements and try to select the best package with the features you require. As said previously, Unlimited Disk space and Bandwidth is not possible in the Hosting industry. Hence, do not try to go for a hosting package with those specifications (as it is not possible).

24x7 Assistance is always necessary. Try to check with someone who has already experienced the service which would give you a better idea. Contacting a web hosting provider more than a couple of times is a good option to check what kind of response time the hosting provider offers. Do not go for Cheap pricing as choosing this could be expensive for you, instead, choose a hosting package according to your requirements.

SitePoint Zealot digital_shubhi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will suggest you to use Hostgator.
    Its the best and I never got any problems with it.

- Digital -