SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price for the good quality articles is $10-15 per article.

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why I am being paid less than what I truly deserve.
    Welcome to "life's not fair;" starring You.

There is no intrinsic article writing price. It's a blend of your salesmanship, your EXPERIENCE doing what you write about, and more the value your experience has for the reader. And some people don't have experiences a large group of people value enough.

You are not banging on a typewriter. In many cases your goal is to make the person you write for a valued expert people want to pay premium prices for. And the generic bare minimum common to every article ever written doesn't pay the bills. Not for the client, so not for you.

Nobody cares about the gajillion-sixth sound alike, lookalike article that makes the client look like a carbon copy of everybody else. Just what is the going price to blend the client into the background noise of "me too" rock bottom commodity competition? Not much.

Write articles that make the client money, you get more money. Simple as that. Impossible for most.

Finally in most cases you get what you bargained for. You don't have the experience in salesmanship that would get you those higher prices.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have come to the conclusion you get what you pay for with article writers.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that it all depends on a lot of things:

what you are wanting to do first of all. (like are you wanting someone to write a post and host it on their blog or are you wanting them to write it so you can post it on your site???

Lots of things go into it...My average post is 25 dollars...but thats just me. I love writing and the people who work for me love writing. I can bang out 10-20 articles on a good day (aka when im in the mood for writing)...

I think that in order to get really good content (because I have been screwed by outsourcing in the past) you should really just do it yourself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fetchblog View Post
    I think that in order to get really good content (because I have been screwed by outsourcing in the past) you should really just do it yourself.
    I understand that by outsourcing there are risks that are already ascribed to it. It is just part of the venture. As a service vendor, I have rich experience on having been just screwed. It just only mean that as there are two sides of the same coin, we can expect that experiences vary from point of the service vendor and the one who outsources the work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_shubhi View Post
    Well. the rate varies from $3 to $5 depending upon the quality.

- Digital -
    WOW, I wish I would pay that for quality content... In reality, high quality articles or blog posts will cost you no less than $20 a piece.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by islabucasgrande View Post
    I understand that by outsourcing there are risks that are already ascribed to it. It is just part of the venture. As a service vendor, I have rich experience on having been just screwed. It just only mean that as there are two sides of the same coin, we can expect that experiences vary from point of the service vendor and the one who outsources the work.
    What I meant was that the article either didnt get written or I ended up reading it and not liking it so much that I went through and changed half of it and when I was done it looked half mine, but I paid for the whole thing...

I am a pretty anal dude though so it could be just me, but I expect proper grammer, long and not just a bunch of bs...

Just be careful who you work for if you decide that outsourcing is for you. But if you are willing to pay 20-25 per article you should prob just hire a writer or soemthing and pay them an hourly salary unless you dont need that many articles.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The writer is the one who fix the price. Sure, that assuming you are asking for his articles.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahamaya View Post
    <snip>However, the rates for a written article largely depends upon a number of factors like your country, your client, nature of the written stuff and so on.
    I agree, It depends on a number of factors, however, I think a high quality article range is about $10-20

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fetchblog View Post
    I would say that it all depends on a lot of things:

what you are wanting to do first of all. (like are you wanting someone to write a post and host it on their blog or are you wanting them to write it so you can post it on your site???

Lots of things go into it...My average post is 25 dollars...but thats just me. I love writing and the people who work for me love writing. I can bang out 10-20 articles on a good day (aka when im in the mood for writing)...

That's right --- you can bang them out. How much thought do you put into them? Do you fact check them, proof read them, check for proper flow?

There's more to good writing than "banging something out" on a keyboard. Any child can do that.

So you want to know what real writers get paid? Just a few links.

http://www.maxprofitcopy.com/pricing.php
    http://www.pegr.com/copywritingprices.html
    http://www.passioncomputing.com.au/C...ng-Prices.aspx
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine wrote an article for some one and i had an argument with him over how much it should have paid. Not being much of a judge in such affairs i was wondering if someone here could give it a glance and say as to what sort of price range it should have had. i will tell you what he was paid for it but first it would be really appreciated if someone was to give an estimate for the same... thanks

link: http://www.articlesbase.com/televisi...g-2704890.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As analysis it seems all over the map. The Ivory Coast has a herculean task at one point, then at the end looks impressive, but then again they "...have to rely a lot on luck apart from displaying their best ever performance to get through this time."

Nothing really gets the reader interested in clicking through to the stream. Despite being inconclusive, it doesn't seem to be much of a matchup.

I wouldn't pay much for this.

Check out In Brazil’s Victory, Not All Is Sweet

When the analysis is about an upcoming game, you should be telling the reader what to look for, and what might tip the game one way or another. If "this" then "that."

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherwriter View Post
    A friend of mine wrote an article for some one and i had an argument with him over how much it should have paid. Not being much of a judge in such affairs i was wondering if someone here could give it a glance and say as to what sort of price range it should have had. i will tell you what he was paid for it but first it would be really appreciated if someone was to give an estimate for the same... thanks

link: http://www.articlesbase.com/televisi...g-2704890.html

The piece is filled with grammatical errors and poor syntax. It's hard to understand and it seems to ramble back and forth. I wouldn't have purchased it, but then I wouldn't buy a pre-written article from an article base.

Your friend got paid to put an article on a free article site? Hmmm... interesting. Or did he sell it to one buyer and then republish it elsewhere? That's even more interesting.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Enthusiast nicolebeckett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad to see most of these answers! So many IMers out there think that you can be excessively cheap when it comes to content. The content you have - whether it's on-site, article marketing, blog postings, etc - is a reflection of you and your business. Isn't it in your best interest to make a good impression? I cannot figure out why people are leaving their reputation up to a writer who charges a couple of bucks.

Personally, I charge just under $20 for an article (I offer discounts with bigger orders). But I also have more than a decade's experience as a professional journalist, which means that my work is going to be much better than the stuff you pay $1 for.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your content quality. my friend is a content writer and he is getting $13 per 300 words article.

<snip/>
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Jun 24, 2010 at 02:28. Reason: removed fake signature - wait a total of 90 days to expire to avail of a signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well thanx for the review ...he wrote it for around 2dollars (400 words) ...and he wrote it for someone who gets orders from various people around the globe ... i guess there is a long chain of middle men involved ...the article just seems to have ended up on this free article base weird..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decent $5 - $10 writers get busy very quickly (and usually raise their rates) so its hard to have a long-term business relationship with someone in this price range.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Professional writers usually charge up to $1 per word.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostwriterbates View Post
    I for one am a ghost writer by trade, and my price has always been $10 minimum for 500 words. Remember that you get what you pay for. Also I do not know about you, but I consider myself worth more than $1 an hour. Which happens to be the amount of time it takes to research and produce a great piece of content that will perform well.

This $1.50 an article is ludacris!!! Have people lost their ever loving minds????!!!
    btw that's ludicrous ...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pay $4 usd for a 250-400 article I check these against copyscape to see there are no duplicates,some article writers use word spinning which is okay providing it is new content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some article writers use word spinning which is okay
    No, it is not.

SitePoint Enthusiast nicolebeckett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay77 View Post
    I pay $4 usd for a 250-400 article I check these against copyscape to see there are no duplicates,some article writers use word spinning which is okay providing it is new content.
    No, it's definitely not okay. You're paying $4 for content that was run through a spinner?? You could spin the articles yourself, save $4, and still wind up with junk. Or, you could pay about $10 more for content that was written by a real-live, intelligent human being, that's compelling, that drivers readers to your website.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way is to write your own articles, then you are sure of original content, and it gets easier the more articles you write,an in fact can be quite enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do agreed with nuala that it will definitely be best if you can write your own unique articles. That way, you will have full control over what you want to write about.

But most of the time, people do not have time or do not know where to start. My advice will be start reading what others are writing and soon you will get yourself into it to write. It will be a sort ofpassion when comes to writing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once used an article spinner, Never again, The article produced was total gibberish, unrelated sentences, etc, so I repeat write your own. I know it's time consuming, but one does get quicker,and better, the more one writes.