SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy quality articles with only 3-5 dollars but it depends...I know several freelance sites, each one with it's own average price/article...so it depends on the community....for example, the same writer can bid for $3/article on a website and $10 on another website...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question please. I have seen a little more competitive pricing on oDesk compared to rent-a-coder for articles. Is this true for anyone else? Or, do you have another outsource spot that you feel is more competitive than others you have used?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zipperz View Post
    Really high end well researched articles usually go for $50-$200 but they are written by experts that have years of research and experience in a specific field (usually they are retired consultants who write articles for some extra money). And for that kind of money you get an article that will be linked to wiki and will be read by everyone who studies that subject it will be a page of knowledge studied and linked to by many.
    But these type of articles are few and far between usually they are the showpieces in magazines and high-end publications.

A basic article (how to lose weight, shopping tips, vacation spots, ect) usually takes a writer about 1 hour to write so a lot of it depends where they live, in parts of Asia and India $5 is a good wage for an hour in the States or Europe writers want at least $20-$30 an hour usually.
    I think the price mentioned here is fair enough.

Though it wil be better when u know the average level, but more improtantly is to judge it by yourself. Sometimes, art is priceless!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never received quality 500 words article for less than $10. After some 5 attempts I gave up and started to work with quality writers who charge more.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the feedback friends!

One more question please. Do most of you submit your articles manually or through a service? And if a service which do you find to be most successful for you? Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 3c-5c per word is a decent price and if you would like high-end article writing then you got to pay according to the effort required. Many a times, people are looking for specialized content which you won't find anywhere on the web. Therefore for such content, you require to pay prices like 8c-12c per word as well.

And to be honest, it doesn't make sense to judge a writer from their location as there as so many great writers all around the world. Excellence has no barriers as such and you can't just say you write great stuff just because you're American or British. Men and women all over the world are equally talented. After all, your talent is in your mind, heart, body & soul. It's not in your race or creed.

Excellence is a habit, not something that's in your blood. You require a great quality copywriter, you got to pay what the writer asks for.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the per word cost pricing parameters as I have always been going by the price per article.

Thank you!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of articles have you ordered before and what niches? what has been the average cost per article?

Appreciate your quick response to my post.

Thank you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my limited experience is business niche stuff in marketing and business branding and highest price was $12.00 per and lowest price was $5.00 per. I hired the $5.00 per with specific titles, instructions etc to make it easier but on the last day before the deadline she closed her account and left me high and dry.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i meant to say is that with my limited experience in hiring article copy writers for the ezinearticles type landscape. I am quite an experienced offline business owner looking to re-build my online business following the new rules of marketing and driving traffic and get a few tips from some of you more experienced online marketers.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't highly recommend this way, you may get high quality articles, but the proportion is not so high, and also, high price not always means high quality, and low price never means high quality

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price depends on quality.

It also includes service.

There are very few today who would like to read Shakespeare.

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is depending on the qualite that is need for the job. If job is wanting articles for nice blog on easy topic then some would say that qualite does not all matter as much as you might. If qualite does not need high then outsource can be fine for qualite purpose. As already said it is depending on size and akuracy of article. Some can be especial good for many I use for under $1. And google result allways impress me a lot. So if qualite is not the big issue I recomend to you to look for good articles for $1 and even less. Then many internet searches can be for you and you can have the big business and traffic will allways be coming to you. So I would be saying that $1.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you cannot get high quality for less than $10.

When I need something to post on my own website (instead of article directories), I usually pay $25 and I think this is not too much. As this builds my credibility, and I make that money back pretty soon.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See writers from different countries would render you articles at different rates. For instance, you can easily get an article written by a non-native English writer for a mere sum of $1. On the other hand, a writer from the West would charge you on a bit higher side and you can get a 500-word article written by him for somewhere $5--$10.
    Online Consultant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to get your work easier, hire people to write article is good.. safe time and energy

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SitePoint pays writers a minimum of $100 and up to $250 bonus based on page views the article garners.

http://www.sitepoint.com/about/writeforus

I don't know where you guys are getting quality articles for $10 or $20. I've never seen a single piece of quality writing come from the people offering that kind of price range in the marketplace here, or on digitalpoint. I hired a few, and never published a word I paid them for.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually get what you pay for but seriously these days the rates are so low that a 300 words article can be bought with only $1 price tag. However, the quality is not what you would expect.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not unique. It is depends on word count and client.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really don't have time to write your own, try having a budget at least $5 to $10 if you really want to get quality. This pf course depends on how general or common your niche is. The higher the budget the more quality writers will be at your door.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top writers often charge $50-$60 for a best quality article. Usually you can get good writers at $3-$5.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where Can I find someone who can write high quality articles for me?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I'll look into this.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on the content itself and the subject. Simple but reasonable quality articles can be written in 20 minutes (500 words) by someone who's familiar with that certain subject.
    In response to someone looking down at "offshore" writers. I can tell you, good ones are hard to find but once you get one, dont let go. I had someone writing for my sites during a period of 5 months till he dissapeared off the radar (overworked ??? ). But still. If anyone can recommend me good writers (also offshore ones) I would be happy (I need about 100 articles per month - simple ones!!!)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a content writer and with the figures that you have just exhibited, I wonder why I am being paid less than what I truly deserve.