SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run and manage multiple websites from one control panel

I was just wondering if someone knows of any php based software that lets you setup and run multiple pages from one control panel?

I have a few websites that I need updating reguarly but logging into each site to update it is a bit of a pain.

Thanks,

Stephan

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stephen,

You have 2 choices here:

1) You could use a CMS that supports multiple websites. (I recommend Expression Engine with the multiple site manager plugin)

2) Hire a programming company to build a site manager for you. If your sites are relatively simple, you may not have to pay more than 5k or so for such a solution.

I build tools like that for my clients, and what it always comes down to is just making sure you know what functionality you want before you get going on a project.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like there is not that much choice available at the moment.

Maybe I just need to sit down and write my own software.

Thanks for you help.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stephan,

Give Expression Engine a try before you do that. You might be surprised. It's widely misused as only a blog, or as a way to have static pages out there that you can edit, but it's actually a full CMS with all sorts of cool functionality. If you load it up on some $40/mo SliceHost hosting, you'll get a rockin CMS platform with great speed.