SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleting posts but they still show up on posters browsers

Sometimes I post on a newspaper and when they donít like my post they will make them not show up on the comment section. But they still show up on my browser but only my browser.
    I can look at the section with another browser on the same computer and my comment is not posted. Or any other computer and the comment is not poster but it shows up on the browser that I was login.

So I clear the cookies and history use and new name and the comments show up.

Does anyone know how they do this?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is called a scam. They aren't real comments, but merely a reflection of your cookies that were set in an attempt to fool you into thinking that the other comments on the page were real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am not a programmer so all of these fancy trick cookies confuse me, Can anyone give me a basic simple explanation on how they can make the posts show up in my browser but not any others.

And do they ban my IP? or just ban my username with the cookie attached to it?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, are you trying to build this function for your website to trick users into thinking that their comment will be seen? If so, then just ask. It's OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I have had the trick pulled on me.. and I am trying to figure out how they did it.

If I wanted to do it myself I would just say so and ask how to do it. lol