SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upload webpage problem

I don't know if you can help me with this problem.I am trying to publish my website and for some reason when i go to the temp preview files to see the files i have to upload,over 300 pics are in there.there is no more than 15 pics on that page.It does this for every page.Any help to make this thing stop and go back to normal.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Organise your files in a decent folder structure!

Not sure what your temp preview folder is for or why you created it, but...

The normal way to start a site is to create a folder with the same name as the intended site
    then inside that have a folder for the html files (I tend to call this www)
    then inside www create a folder called images and another called scripts, and put your processed images in the images one and the javascripts in the scripts one, obviously.

When I get an image to work with, I put it in a folder called imagedump inside the sitenamed folder (ie outside the www folder) When I have cropped, altered contrast, altered brightness and resized it, I then save it in the images folder, leaving the original safe in image dump.
    I also put any word docs that I'm sent as content into the site folder (and not the www folder). So all raw content sits outside the www folder, all created / processed content etc sits inside it.

The files that get uploaded are then those within www and the folders within www.

Prior planning does help a little bit, doesn't it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you supply more details ?- e.g. the method you are using to publish, the program you are using, server type etc

This may help us better understand the issue.

Thanks.