SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with contact us form

here is the error code i keep getting when the contact us form, it is meant to send the details to my email.

can someone help

thanks in advance

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 83.245.63.64:25
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 83.245.63.64:25

Source Error:

Line 63: mailClient.Credentials =
    Line 64: new System.Net.NetworkCredential(username, password);
    Line 65: mailClient.Send(message);
    Line 66: mailClient = null;
    Line 67:
    Last edited by wwb_99; Jun 5, 2009 at 06:13. Reason: redacting login credentials

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The error is saying "Hey, dude, I can't talk to the mail server." Presuming your settings are correct, I'd check with your provider and the operator of said mail server to see if there are any security policies in place that are preventing you from sending and/or establish the proper channel to send outgoing mail.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just remebered that we cahanged server, so now i have entered the correct ip address but now im getting the message

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.

Source Error:

Line 63: mailClient.Credentials =
    Line 64: new System.Net.NetworkCredential(user, pass);
    Line 65: mailClient.Send(message);
    Line 66: mailClient = null;
    Line 67:

it's saying line 65 is the problem
    Last edited by wwb_99; Jun 5, 2009 at 07:12. Reason: redacting username and password again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [administrative note: don't put usernames and passwords in your posts. Unless you really want to share them]

Line 65 isn't the problem--just what is causing the error. I'd check your mail server configuration, it seems like you can send through it. Do you have access to the box directly so you can try sending email from it?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have direct access to send mail, what else can i try

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd contact the host and make sure your mail settings are correct. Also, post the complete method you are using to send the message, not just the error info.

PS: In case there is any confusion here--your code isn't incorrect per se, but rather this is a configuration issue. You are not using the right settings to send mail in the environment. To fix this, one needs to do two things. First, figure out what the settings are and second, get the correct settings in the app.