SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't Paste Multiple Languages in Notepad

I've exhausted Google over the issue and I've already checked out Notepad alternatives without the results I need.

I hand code in Notepad and it's where I'm most comfortable, as I'm getting more serious about the features of the websites I design, naturally I want to add language translation.

As of now I'm using images for the different language selection, but I would prefer to use live text links in each appropriate language so that it automatically adapts to different styles, I've seen it done and I've read in other forums that some people have no problem pasting multiple languages in Notepad.

Perhaps it's not Notepad at all, maybe I just need to add more languages to Windows itself. I've tried LangPad, but it doesn't cover any Asian characters which is most important to me.

If there is a solution to adapt Notepad itself, please let me know.. if you have another solution or preference please let me know them too.

Thank You

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using a font that has glyphs for the characters you're pasting? Try Arial Unicode MS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried that and several other fonts, doesn't seem to be the problem.

I can paste the languages anywhere else, Word, Firefox etc., but not Notepad.

But, it does in fact only appear to be Asian characters that won't paste into Notepad.

Here they are:

العربية Български 简化字 正體字 Hrvatski Česky Dansk Nederlands Suomi Français Deutsch Eλληνικά हिन्दी Italiano 日本語 한국말 Norsk Polski Português Români Русский Español Svenska

As you can see it's all fine just like how I'm seeing it.

I'm starting to find this troubling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the answer:

http://www.code2000.net/code2000_page.htm

It was definitely worth $5, covers a huge range of characters and glyphs.

Thanks, Bryan