User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AutisticCuckoo View Post
    Opera 10 offers Turbo mode, which sounds like something that might make my surfing from home even more pleasurable. I haven't downloaded the beta yet, though.
    the turbo feature is browsing trough a Opera proxy server, which will download the content you request, compress it and send it to you. usually the compressed page is 5-6 times smaller then the normal page.

this will help a lot users with slow connections. anyone who uses Opera Mini knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    You clearly have not seen any publically released market share data for browsers.
    I have read, I believe on the Opera blog, that Opera is popular in Europe where more people use older computers for daily activities. Opera is noticeably faster than IE and Firefox on the UI end so it makes a good choice for them. Web market share graphs are more likely to target english-native-language countries.

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many may not find the small thumbnails upon hovering a tab useful. For people with bad eyesight but great visual memory, however, this is a fantastic feature.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone give me any benchmarks on Opera 10 and previous version of Opera on dial up connections ? And maybe even a comparison with Chrome?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the ip of the google you want, stick that in the url, click enter and then bookmark when you get there, for .com one of them is 74.125.45.100

Quote Originally Posted by old_expat View Post
    Downloaded it and like it a lot .. but how do I set the Google search for Google.com? It apparently does a geo lookup and defaults me to google.co.th.

I looked in search.ini and it shows google.com, so somethings else must be doing a redirect?

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianHuskey View Post
    Can anyone give me any benchmarks on Opera 10 and previous version of Opera on dial up connections ? And maybe even a comparison with Chrome?
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,3...9302491,00.htm