SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eMail relaying withe cPanel/WHM Cent OS

I have a server at The Planet that runs Cent OS with cPanel/WHM. It is using Exim as the mail transport.

I am having a problem with gmail.com accounts relaying mail through my server.

I would like to have only domains that I host be allowed to send mail through my server. How can I accomplish this?
    Rob
    Pier Marketing ◄ Printing and Marketing Collateral - Order Online
    Pier Technologies ◄ Web Development & IT Solutions
    And That's News? ◄ My NEW Blog!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebRob View Post
    I have a server at The Planet that runs Cent OS with cPanel/WHM. It is using Exim as the mail transport.

I am having a problem with gmai com accounts relaying mail through my server.

I would like to have only domains that I host be allowed to send mail through my server. How can I accomplish this?
    cPanel and WHM does not have open relaying. All email users must authenticate to the server via POP3 or SMTP prior to being able to send mail through your servers. However, once authenticated, your customers can send email with whatever reply-to address they desire, which is useful if they want to have people reply to their gmail address rather than an address associated with their domain.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allowing Open relaying is not at all a good idea, especially when the email servers are targets of spamming .
    ------------
    hzSari | HostingZoom.com
    ModVPS.com | ResellerZoom.com
    Power Speed Reliability