User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

client updates site.

Hi All,

I have a job which I am quoting for where the client would like to update their site. They have a shop and would be a case of adding new products, though they do not sell online.

I was just after a bit of direction as to how to do this. My concern is that i know html and a little php but would image this is involves mysql. Is there a simple way of implementing this and what knowledge would the client need to know.

Many thanks,

Keith

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you could do is install Joomla to act as a content management system. Or use the framework of an ecommerce site (without actual ecommerce) by using something like oscommerce. I wouldn't call either of those "simple" if you are just starting out but they sure beat hand coding!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick response.

I'm just having a read through Joomia now. In terms of the client side of things, how much knowledge would they need? Is it that I would set up the site then they just upload pictures and text (kind of like wordpress) or do they need to know a bit of coding?

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They would upload the updates themselves and they don't need to know html nor anything. It has a backend management system.