SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[wordpress help] How to make 4th post of front page to show at 2nd position ?

Ok, somehow I am not able to do this and I think I am mising something really easy here. A Post of mine gets shown at #4 on front page and I want to show it at #2 (there are only 5 posts in the blog and i have no intentions of adding any new content), i tried to change the dates but the number 5 post is still not getting shown at the top, no matter what the date is ? any help ?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would help if you posted the url of your blog since it certainly isn't the one in your signature.

That would give members a visual to maybe see what the problem is. Alternatively, you can post a screenshot of the problem area on your blog.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SF, its hard for me to give the blog url or to post the screenshit..its just a normal wp blog, nothing special..but somehow changing dates are not pushing the blog post up or down ???

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your template. Post are assigned numbers and then archived. I can't see what you are doing... and probably wouldn't take the time to look. But the easy fix is to just cut and paste a new post then delete the old ones until you get the magical order you want.

But another approach would be to search for a link order/category order/post order or whatever order plug in to manipulate your data for a presentation you want.

This site: http://geekyweekly.com/

has plugins for link, category and page order.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked for any post ordering plugins? I used StickyPostOrder or CustomPostOrder to et around this one time. Some themes won't recognize either plugin though.

Also the names of the plugins I gave are from memory so won't be exact...just type in post order in the plugin search.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your posts are ordered by date why not just change the publish dates around to suit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest solution would be to delete the posts that appear 1st and 4th in the loop. Then recreate the 4th post and then the 1st post. That way the 4th post will be the second newest and will appear second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have only 5 posts in the blog, just delete all posts and start reposting following which posts to be at which position.