User Tag List

Thread: PHP, GD2 issues

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation PHP, GD2 issues

Hello all, I really hope someone can help me figure this out.

Just to get specifics out of the way:
    Windows 2003 XP Server with IIS 6. Installed PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL 5.1.34 recently.

I'm trying to use ClickHeat (labsmedia.com/clickheat/index.html) to begin research for the redesign of a site.

Having trouble with the gd2 library. When I visit the index.php file for ClickHeat directory I get the following error message for the GD Graphics Library:

imagecreatetruecolor() unavailable, can't create images (with good quality), check that GD is installed

I've looked at my phpinfo.php file and see that the Graphics Library doesn't seem to be installed. But, the PHP version I installed came with all the extensions I needed.

Also, I have uncommented all of the proper extensions in php.ini within the PHP\ext folder. After doing that I restarted the server, per instructions.

Same error & problems.

Been at it for over a week now, and it's starting to grate on my last nerve.

A few things to note:
    There are two drives that I use, C & E. E is where the Inetpub\wwwroot folder is located. C was too full for PHP, so it's in E:\PHP. MySQL is in C:\MySQL because it wouldn't install properly to Program Files.

PHP wouldn't install with the installer, so I used a walkthrough and manually installed it. Worked like a charm.

So in short, ClickHeat can't see the php_gd2.dll file and phpinfo.php doesn't show that the graphics library is even there.

I would consider myself a beginner programmer and am very, very new to anything having to do with servers, so this may be my downfall. So, any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Follow me: @josh_max

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the phpinfo output to find the location of the correct php.ini file, as it may be different than what you think.

Also check phpinfo for the correct extension_dir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting this for the php.ini location:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS
    Loaded Configuration File E:\PHP\php.ini

and the extension_dir is E:\PHP\ext

Seems like the locations are correct. I've been editing the E:\PHP\php.ini

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see your phpinfo page, but that's probably a good thing. Be careful posting stuff like that to public forums.

Go back to that php.ini, and set error_reporting to E_ALL (just so that E_CORE_ERROR is included). Set log_errors to on. Set error_log = "E:\PHP\phperror.log" or just leave the current value if it has one where you can find the file.

Restart server(or reboot to just be sure). View that phpinfo page again, and then check the error log. Hopefully, it will have some useful info in it at that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up.

No luck. It's not showing any errors or anything in the log file.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No update for this just yet.

Going to reinstall PHP & MySQL to see if it'll fix itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to let you know this has been resolved.

I think it was just some things I did wrong in the install. Reinstalled and tweaked a few things with MySQL and I can now use ClickHeat properly, BUT even better, I can use phpMyVisites (phpmyvisites.us) which includes a plugin for ClickHeat.

Thanks for the help anywho!