SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to delete the histry of work i type in forums

I have just try to enter a forums through my home PC which need user authentification ( that is you have to type user and password)
    I am not able to get in
    what make me surprise it memorise all word i type it in user field and i found i cannot erase it any record i have ever entered
    I know i can erase it through IE option and delete surfing history but it delet all history that i ever linked
    so how can i delete only the the specific wrong link that i enteredso that will not noticed by others i have touched the field

thanks
    hope your early help and i am very frustrated now. help.........

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    AFAIK there is no such thing as an IE history "edit" feature other than clear/delete.

When mine gets cluttered with typos after a while I clear it and start over.

There may be a way to limit the number of URLs saved, so that older ones get deleted. This way the typo will eventually get off the list.

If you're set on editing the history list, I believe there are apps you can buy to do it. But it's easier (and free) to just clear the whole thing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also use a better browser. Opera lets you delete individual authentication entries, for instance. I don't know about Firefox, but I'd be surprised if there isn't at least a free plug-in to do it, if it isn't built in.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make it even simpler, you could try downloading a software called ccleaner (Crap Cleaner) that erases all your temporary internet files with a click of the button.