User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Form trouble - headers already sent message

Hey guys!

Okay, backs up against the wall - just published client's site to find that form page does not work. (EEK - they'll be wondering why!)

Actually, it does send the form contents - its just that it won't take me to my thank you for sending this form page.

This is what I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /misc/13/929/722/123/user/web/bodmincommunitychurch.com/Email_Processor/BCC_email_processor_1.php:1) in /misc/13/929/722/123/user/web/bodmincommunitychurch.com/Email_Processor/BCC_email_processor_1.php on line 143

I have taken a look on other websites for help and removed all white spaces from ?> tags etc on the page mentioned above.

Here is the code of the php page in question: (I have removed the recaptcha private key code between the ""). The form code was free from another website so I can't say I understand it I am afraid...

<?php
    require_once('recaptchalib.php');
    $privatekey = "";
    $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($privatekey,
    $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],
    $_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"],
    $_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]);
    if (!$resp->is_valid) {
    die ("The reCAPTCHA wasn’t entered correctly. Go back and try it again." .
    "(reCAPTCHA said: " . $resp->error . ")");
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    /*
    Step 2:

Enter your email address.

Enter the email address below to send the contents of the form to. You can enter more than one email address separated by commas, like so: $my_email = "info@example.com"; or $my_email = "bob@example.com,sales@example.co.uk,jane@example.com";

*/

$my_email = "info@cornishsands.co.uk";
    //$my_email = "testmail@localhost.com";

/*

Enter the continue link to offer the user after the form is sent. If you do not change this, your visitor will be given a continue link to your homepage.

If you do change it, remove the "/" symbol below and replace with the name of the page to link to, eg: "mypage.htm" or "http://www.elsewhere.com/page.htm"

*/

$continue = "thankyou.html";

/*

Step 3:

Save this file (emailProcessor.php) and upload it together with your webpage containing the form to your webspace. IMPORTANT - The file name is case sensitive! You must save it exactly as it is named above!

THAT'S IT, FINISHED!

You do not need to make any changes below this line.

*/

$errors = array();

// Remove $_COOKIE elements from $_REQUEST.

if(count($_COOKIE)){foreach(array_keys($_COOKIE) as $value){unset($_REQUEST[$value]);}}

// Validate email field.

if(isset($_REQUEST['email']) && !empty($_REQUEST['email']))
    {

$_REQUEST['email'] = trim($_REQUEST['email']);

if(substr_count($_REQUEST['email'],"@") != 1 || stristr($_REQUEST['email']," ")){
    $errors[] = "Email address is invalid";
    }else{
    $exploded_email = explode("@",$_REQUEST['email']);
    if(empty($exploded_email[0]) || strlen($exploded_email[0]) > 64 || empty($exploded_email[1])){ $errors[] = "Email address is invalid";
    }else{
    if(substr_count($exploded_email[1],".") == 0){
    }else{
    $exploded_domain = explode(".",$exploded_email[1]);
    if(in_array("",$exploded_domain)){
    }else{
    foreach($exploded_domain as $value){
    if(strlen($value) > 63 || !preg_match('/^[a-z0-9-]+$/i',$value)){
    break;
    }}}}}}

}

// Check referrer is from same site.

if(!(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']))){$errors[] = "You must enable referrer logging to use the form";}

// Check for a blank form.

function recursive_array_check_blank($element_value)
    {

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(!empty($element_value)){$set = 1;}}
    else
    {

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_blank($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_blank($_REQUEST);

if(!$set){$errors[] = "You cannot send a blank form";}

unset($set);

// Display any errors and exit if errors exist.

if(count($errors)){
    foreach($errors as $value){
    print "$value<br>";
    }
    echo('Return to form <a href="BCC_Form.php">Click Here</a>');
    exit;}

if(!defined("PHP_EOL")){define("PHP_EOL", strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == "WIN") ? "\r\n" : "\n");}

// Build message.

function build_message($request_input){if(!isset($message_output)){$message_output ="";}if(!is_array($request_input)){$message_output = $request_input;}else{foreach($request_input as $key => $value){if(!empty($value)){if(!is_numeric($key)){$message_output .= str_replace("_"," ",ucfirst($key)).": ".build_message($value).PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL;}else{$message_output .= build_message($value).", ";}}}}return rtrim($message_output,", ");}

$message = build_message($_REQUEST);

$message = $message . PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL."-- ".PHP_EOL."Thank you for sending this information. We will be in touch soon.";

$message = stripslashes($message);

$subject = "Form Mail";

$subject = stripslashes($subject);

$from_name = "";

if(isset($_REQUEST['First_name']) && !empty($_REQUEST['First_name'])){$from_name = stripslashes($_REQUEST['First_name']);}

$headers = "From: {$from_name} <{$_REQUEST['email']}>";

mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);

header("Location: http://www.bodmincommunitychurch.com/Email_Processor/thankyou.html");
    ?>

Can anyone offer suggestions please? Please bear in mind I don't know php so I would be grateful if you could be clear in your instructions

Best wishes, T

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps try this - change the last line of PHP to
    PHP Code:
    include("thankyou.html"); 
    That will have the php script read in and output the contents of the thank-you page, rather than redirecting the user over to the thankyou page. You may need to change the include path so it can get the file.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey adwatson,

I'm just trying your method. The thank you page is now showing but I am waiting for the email results.

I really must go to bed now as its 11.27pm and wife wants me to get some sleep.

Thanks for your help - I'll let you know if the results come through tomorrow.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hey adwatson,

Looks like I owe you a drink!

The code snippet works fine and emails are now coming through.

Many thanks and a hearty well done for dealing with my urgent issue.

Have a nice day,

blessings

T