SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried this tool for Link Popularity?

Hello FORUM,

as subject says .... have you tried using the Axandra Arelis Tool for improve Link Popularity ??

Can really be helpful ?

Bye and thanks,
    Nicola
    Free Mp3 Download and bonuses:
    http://www.nicolaboschetti.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicola,

Call me a Philistine, but I haven't checked this tool out, even so I would say do it by hand.

Here's the site if you want to check it out - http://www.axandra.com/arelis-store.htm

It maybe good for finding websites to link to, but I wouldn't let it send out boring, standard emails to all these sites. Imagine if you got one email from 'Dear Sir, I like your site, blah, blah...' - it's a bit obvious isn't it.

Now imagine if you got one saying 'Dear Bob, your search engine section this month was wicked, blah, blah...' - much more personal and you've taken the time to check the site out. I'd be much more inclined to give you a link.

Don't rely too much on automated tools - most of them are pretty crappy. You can't beat the personal touch.
    USBtastic - UK Gadgets Blog
    SmartGeezer - UK Men's Clothing Blog
    Individualitee - Great Tshirts
    Shiola - Complete Waste of Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed -- you can't beat the personal touch when requesting reciprocal links.

here's some great advice i read from *cough* another forum:

Basically, if you want someone with a great site to link to you, you have to have content that they feel their visitors will benefit from.

NEVER ask someone to swap links. Why should they? They are the established site and they are very careful about who they link to.

Always link to them without any strings. That means you want to link to sites you are comfortable endorsing to your visitors.

Then send the webmaster a note (or a PromoteCard from JimWorld home page) letting them know how impressed you were with their content and just letting them know that you have added them to your site's list of important sites to visit.

If you "suck up" to them just right, they will not be able to resist checking out your site. If they find something they like, you will get an important link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that Zues is quite good for finding suitable sites to link to. You can train it to look for sites that fit into your genre. It will email the people in the list for you, but as the others said, you can't beat the personal touch.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must respectfully disagree with this advice:

"NEVER ask someone to swap links. Why should they? They are the established site and they are very careful about who they link to."

I have found that the way to get reciprocal links is to give the other person something of value. If they are an established site, and you are a new site, then say to them that you'll add their hyperlinked logo to a main page on your own site if they'll give you a return link (text or graphic) on *any* page on their site. Most established sites have "links.html" pages, so that's where you'll be, which is ok.

The reason you want this is simple - better search engine placement at those services that give points for the number of YOUR links on other sites.

I get email all the time from people using automated link generators, telling me they have given me a link on their site. As far as I'm concerned, that was their decision, and I see it as a gift. Thank you very much.

So here is my advice: [1] most importantly, be realistic about where you'll get reciprocal links (if you make handmade furniture, don't seriously expect a return link on sears.com); [2] offer a bonafide quality placement for them on your site; and [3] DO request a link in return. If you don't get it, move on to someone else.

Eventually, you too will (hopefully!) be an established & successful site, at which point you'll have your link listings on other established sites, so it will work out well for all parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I send "Dear webmaster" notes all the time asking for link trades. I get 400-500 uniques a day and some respond and some do not. It just depends.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I send "Dear webmaster" notes all the time asking for link trades...some respond and some do not"

This makes my point exactly. It is like fishing - you put out a lot of lines, and some times you catch a good one, and sometimes you don't.

If you had just *given* return links to all those people, then those who did have an interest in also providing one for you would, in a sense, be less visible. They'd be less visible because they'd (possibly) be surrounded by a bunch of listings for sites that were getting a free ride.

I like the word "reciprocal" - I'll do for you, you do for me, and we'll both come out ahead...

You wanna' peice o' me! Automated's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <advisor edit>
    You should know better
    </advisor edit>

i have tried Axandra and all you get back is a load of people sending irate emails asking why you couldnt be botherd to email them by hand! However i did got 3 links from it for my old site.

Matthew Taylor
    Last edited by aspen; May 30, 2002 at 15:17.
    FreelanceForums.com - Do you Freelance ?
    Visit the Freelance Forums and participate in all areas of Freelance Chat

You wanna' peice o' me! Automated's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <advisor edit>
    You should know better
    </advisor edit>

I dont know what came over me

Matthew Taylor
    FreelanceForums.com - Do you Freelance ?
    Visit the Freelance Forums and participate in all areas of Freelance Chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Reno
    "I send "Dear webmaster" notes all the time asking for link trades...some respond and some do not"

This makes my point exactly. It is like fishing - you put out a lot of lines, and some times you catch a good one, and sometimes you don't.

If you had just *given* return links to all those people, then those who did have an interest in also providing one for you would, in a sense, be less visible. They'd be less visible because they'd (possibly) be surrounded by a bunch of listings for sites that were getting a free ride.

I like the word "reciprocal" - I'll do for you, you do for me, and we'll both come out ahead...

I've tried giving them a link before, but response rates were about the same so I got tired of giving people free links without getting anything in return. I'm still hoping for a liknk from www.thefreesite.com, but I doubt it'll happen.

SitePoint Enthusiast TargetedTrafficBuilder.com's Avatar
    Germany, in the middle of Cologne and Francfort
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one of the authors of ARELIS - Axandra's Reciprocal Links Solution. I just wanted to clarify that ARELIS supports email templates and email variables so in contrast to what was said before, it doesn't send out "the same standard, boring emails". :-)

BTW, ARELIS 3.0 is around the corner (a free update for all registered users). Dear moderator, feel free to delete this line. :-)
    Recommended by professional webmasters: Get free,
    targeted traffic through high-quality reciprocal links
    Axandra's Reciprocal Links Solution

SitePoint Enthusiast TargetedTrafficBuilder.com's Avatar
    Germany, in the middle of Cologne and Francfort
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answering a user's question about a product you are a part of is okay, posting unrelated marketing information is not. You can post such information in the eBargain Bazaar
    Last edited by aspen; Jun 13, 2002 at 06:32.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Advertising your own product is not allowed.
    Last edited by aspen; Jun 13, 2002 at 06:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the category of your site, for freebie sites I find there is no difference in response rates to standard and customized e-mail. It just depends on whether the webmaster is actually there.