User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

book recommendations?

Hello,

Im not sure where to ask this question so I'll ask here.

Im new to bulding websites, and I've just finished reading Ian Lloyds 'Build your own website the right way using HTML & CSS' (second ed), and enjoyed it, and Im now wondering which book to go for next?

I would take a look at 'CSS anthology', but Im going to wait for the 3rd ed which is due out at the end of July.

In the meantime I would like to read something else.

However most of the books with good reviews on booksites are 2-3 years old, dating from around 2007. Are these books too old? should I wait for new editions?

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of them are fine for your needs. CSS hasn't changed much in the past two years since it's starting to mature. The next round of changes will start to happen as CSS 3 begins to gain traction and browser support, which won't happen for another couple of years.

So, enjoy the sweet spot, learn as much as you can, and prepare for the ride, because we're in a "calm before the storm" period.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CSS does not change that much, CSS3 is still lightyears away from being the default choice (due to the browser adoption rate), however if you want a great book about learning CSS, I cannot recommend CSS Mastery by Andy Budd highly enough, it is an excellent read and very well written.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan and Alex