SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change "created date" on Gmail cookie

Im in a bit of an akward situation here, and could use some assistance Someone I know logged in to his Gmail on my computer and forgot to log out. Without knowing his account was still active I made some google searches I rather he'd not find in his Google accounts web history.

I could not enter his accounts web history to delete my searches since Google only lets you view your Web History without re-entering your password when the session is new. So I am wondering if it would be possible to manipulate the created date in the cookie to make google think it was newly created? Alternativly would be possible to copy the ID-information from the cookie and create a new cookie with the ID inserted?

Does this sound possible at all? Much thanks for any help.

SitePoint Addict scoobasteve1982's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could download the Web Developer extension for Firefox and change stored cookies (and add news ones too) nice and easily that way. Hope this works for you man lol and hopefully you weren't looking for something too crazy lol.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No my searches weren't too crazy Still I would really like to fix this in order to have some peace of mind. The extension sounds great, do you think there is a "created date" stored in the cookie or would that info be in the session?

Also, since I have to restart Firefox to install the extension is there anyway to be sure that the shutdown wont kill the gmail session (thus deleting the cookie)?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't anybody know?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should write Larry, I believe he deals with this stuff personally. :P

SitePoint Addict scoobasteve1982's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the shutdown will delete the GMAIL cookie. I don't think so though.