User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography Site

Hi,

My uncle has asked me to build a site for him to show off his photographs and for people to buy them (I don't know if it is just to buy a digital jpg file or for it to be printed on canvas).

I have been looking at using flash, even though it isn't the best by any means for SEO it makes it much easier to make a simple sleek site
    I have seen a couple of site I really like to look of and would like to base it on these sites (I don't think I can post any links until I get a higher post count). How could I implement a shopping cart such as ZenCart into a full flash interface? Would I have to have the flash in the body and have an html site around it with the shopping cart in it?

I'm stumped on if I can use a CMS with it, I would defiantly like to have a CMS so my uncle can easily add photos to the website, but how do I put this into a full flash site??

Thanks!

EDIT:
    onethousandwordsphotography.com (The wedding section)

gallery.artofgregmartin.com/ip.html (Click on any of the photos, this is my favourite one, all I think it needs is a fade into the next photo when you click the next button and maybe a line of thumbnails at the bottom.)

I do also like the look of simple viewer airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/

I have been reading this thread sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606062 and have had quick glance at this sitepoint.com/article/php-gallery-system-minutes/
    Last edited by willj12; May 21, 2009 at 07:06.

Design Your Site Team bronze trophy Erik J's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi willj12, welcome to SitePoint!

Would be interesting to see how you would like it to look like.

Before you have 10 posts you just disable the link by omit the http-www part of the url. Like:

shopsitedomain.com

or in a more specific case:

shopsitedomain.com/pages/page.html
    Happy ADD/ADHD with Asperger's

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I have edited it in

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of sites out there that offer on demand canvas print for photographers. Try doing a google search for selling photos online to see whats available.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great I will have a look now.
    I have decided to ditch Flash in favour of jQuery

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very well versed in jQuery, but I've heard so many things about it.
    Most of its reviews are good thought. Will try using this too instead of flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a good idea. You should probably try checking out sites like sxc.hu where they are offering free and premier photographs at one site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have showed him the site, he loves the viewer and we are going to have a 'meeting' in a week or so.
    He would like me to base the site on kickphoto dot co dot uk (one of his friends sites), in my opinion it looks absolutly terrible, animated gifs all over the place
    I will be fully discussing it in our 'meeting'.