SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to sell work at home network

I would like to sell a network of work at home sites. Do you think it would be better to sell them seperately or as a package?

Until recently they were stand alone sites but recently I have 301 redirected them to my main site.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In retrospect the 301 wasn't a good idea, and that's for two reasons. First, any big change just prior to selling looks suspicious. Secondly, and this is more serious, by doing a "permanent" redirect you've told the SEs and everyone else that the sites are worthless, have no content and/or have now been retired.

If each domain is a premium domain then sell them separately. If they aren't premium domains then I doubt whether even a consolidated sale will appeal to buyers.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input.

The reason for the 301 was to try to improve ranking on the most popular site rather than have traffic diversified over many. This also saves me a lot of time trying to manage multiple sites.

If it works out that more traffic comes to the main site I don't believe a buyer would be concerned. If they follow the same plan and buy the whole network then the stats should remain constant.