SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!:shifty:

O.K first off..total noob here. Ive been doing nothing but reading for about 3 or 4 days now about making money online. I kinda consider myself somone that takes low risk for high gain, all the ebooks and things ive read are free and I wont put money into somthing unless im 99.9% its gona work for me. Ive looked into dropshiping (bunk)..Online offers (sad)..wholesale on ebay (too much work)..Affiliate marketing, now that has a ring to it! Too damn bad once i think i figgured it out I find out i dont know SQUAT! But hey whats $6 a month to get started on a host? Worth a try right..problem is its probly gona take weeks to pull together a decent looking niche site (already have some great idea's) but im afraid once i do it would be like dropping the thing in a river and watching it float away So I found this website, and looks to me like a damn fine site to buys some good sites to start with for under $100. You know why build a car from scratch when u can buy a used car and sorta fix it up and learn as you go? I know you guys are pretty smart on here ive been reading the forum..My question is, what kind of site is good to start with for say around the $100 range..I dont realy care if it only makes $10 a month or w/e, just as long as its making SOMTHING so i can tweek it and sorta play around with it..And any other kind of advice would be much appresiated..thx

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a joke post, right?

I kinda consider myself somone that takes low risk for high gain
    Not like the rest of us, then? We definitely have a low gain, high risk preference.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to a website named odesk

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinsane187 View Post
    My question is, what kind of site is good to start with for say around the $100 range..I dont realy care if it only makes $10 a month or w/e, just as long as its making SOMTHING so i can tweek it and sorta play around with it..And any other kind of advice would be much appresiated..thx
    I'll try to be a little more positive and useful than the last 2 posters...

If I were you and you just want to play around with something I wouldn't be too concerned about the type of site. You're going to learn a lot regardless of the site content seeing as you're starting from close to zero.

To reduce your learning curve I'd probably buy/build a site based on a popular CMS (Wordpress comes to mind) that has a large user community and a number of mods and tutorials available to you.

I'd keep things simple and go for a site that has a track record of generating revenues from display advertising (preferably Adsense).

With the two items above out of the way (CMS and revenue source), you can concentrate on adding content and learning and applying SEO to the site. That should keep you busy for quite some time.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx tke, thats what I thought..like i say only been reading about this stuff for like 4 days or so, seems like a good legit way to make a few bucks and get better at..and I never sayd the rest of you were people that take high risk for low gain, all i ment buy it was im not going to be sinking any money into bunk ebooks and **** like that..you guys in these forums realy get ur nuts tangled up somtimes, I sayd NOOB..last i checked these forums were for help not to get blasted for sayn anything remotly stupid..ill check out that odesk too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low risk for high gain? If such a thing existed wouldn't we all be doing it?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a good way to start learning is realise who you want to learn from. There are many here who earn a healthy and honest income from drop shipping, quality ebooks and online "offers" among other things. I don't think they see these areas as bunk and themselves as sad.

Then you go on to say you don't like hard work. Can you see why they aren't all rushing to help?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok didnt even mean it like that, all im saying was what i have been reading! WOW..I apresiate all help but i didnt meen to offend anyone, just from what ive read dropshiping is left to those that know the ELITE and ACTUAL wholesalers..What I ment by HARD work was by having ACTUAL inventory and a place to put it and having to ship individual items yourself (ebay)..and im sure if you can sell Ebooks to people at a reasonable cost is great too..I hope I havent offended anyone....

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what - some ebooks are really good. And if a $9 ebook can save you 10 hours in trawling through information to find your answer then it's money well spent.

Which $100 affiliate site you buy is not going to make a big difference, it's what you do with it

And there are several very good ebooks to teach you affiliate marketing.

The trick is in finding the right ebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did I read the OP ?

Now I am left with the taste of spam in my mouth.

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes 10,000 hours to master anything. Be patient.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And im only on like 50 lol i guess i got a ways to go. I appresiate the help. Is this the best site to use for buying websites? And once i get a host (im thinking godaddy) what do i do once i pay the guy for it exactly..Its not a physical trade of goods so what do i have to do? does anyone have a link for instructions?..i know it probly sounds pathetic to you guys but i just wana make sure i dont mess up..

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a lower value site like the ones you are looking for it would go roughly like this.

Get something in writing (not generally worth anything but it should still be done) about the deal.
    Transfer him the money (PayPal or other)
    He zips up the web files and transfers them to you, or you give him access to your hosting account and he installs the site for you.
    Done

Who goes first (money or transfer) is up to you guys to decide.