Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RoR Training in Australia

Hi There

Was wondering if anyone knew any training places for RoR here in Oz. Preferably in QLD but can travel to Sydney or Melb.

Oliver

Guru in training bronze trophy SoulScratch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered purchasing a well rated book covering this? There are plenty of choices since this is pretty hot at the moment. I don't see why you need formal training.

It would help to tell us whether you have prior programming experience as well, what your skillset(s) are, etc.
    Cross browser css bugs

Dan Schulz you will be missed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for a web company so have a background in PHP, HTML, CSS. I do server maintenance using WHM. I look after clients requiring SEO and for a while had my own SEO company but got bored with it. So decided to get back into programming.

I have the book as well as a few others like the Agile programming pdf. I just keep getting stuck on certain things (Which I think is due more to configuration). I started out on one book and found out I had an older version of Rails so upgraded then a whole heap of other issues came up.

Just thought it would be good to get away from work for a few weeks and do a course? What are your thoughts?