SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I completed cancellation it show I have to wait around 7-day for my refund $41. But after that there is nothing change. Moreover my account still active, so I make cancellation and mail to billing support "why my account is still active? and I hope this is the last time I have to do like this"
    Next day I got this e-mail;

"HI

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that I have now manually cancelled and refunded you $38.39 as your pro-rated refund.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards
    Kxxxx"

Why support have to make manual cancellation? because their system is not good when you need to cancel. However I'm glad that support make cancel very fast.

So if you want to cancel please make sure that your hosting inactive. If it still active you are still JustHost Client.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you check for the CPU % usage in Just Host? I am looking at thier cPanel X and I don't see an option to see this. I am also afraid of being forced into a dedicated server when I am not ready yet.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you check for the CPU % usage in Just Host?
    In most shared hosting control panels you can't see how much you're using. I've only seen this feature at Hostgator, and even there it's only momentary usage (cpu, memory, processes).
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    In most shared hosting control panels you can't see how much you're using. I've only seen this feature at Hostgator, and even there it's only momentary usage (cpu, memory, processes).
    Thanks.

So in the case of OP, how did he/she confirm the site was using 7%?

Also, what is this measured in, total CPU cycle for the whole month or they are actually measuring the CPU utilization continuously and take an average over a month?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've Read Tons of Bad Reviews about justhost another hosting Review forums and Blogs. better we stay away from this host.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme-seo View Post
    i've Read Tons of Bad Reviews about justhost another hosting Review forums and Blogs. better we stay away from this host.
    I am using them already, unfortunately. I am on a cheap plan and so far, no hick-ups. I also purchased domain name through them. If I choose to move to another hosting service, is it simple to move without changing the domain name?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just feel luck because i saw this post.
    i will take a way justhost in my to buy list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never used JustHost. Before trying any hosting server I first read reviews on internet and ask other users then I try any service. Per day more than 10k visitors come to my site and so I always be careful to use only secured server.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your still looking for a host I just tried out http://beyondhosting.net and so far I'm super happy with my VPS. I'm sure there Shared Hosting plans are just as solid!

SitePoint Member billy_the_sound's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just order hosting to just host yesterday... they still havent approved me.. anyguys know how to cancel order ??? after read this reviews.. i think i should change hosting place.

thanks for the reviews

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hosting my site at Justhost and fortunate to say that so far there isn't any issues. It's been almost 6 months now and I still have no reason to ask tech support for help. fingers crossed...
    Honest Web Host Reviews - Check Web Hosting
    Over 1700 Web Host. Pure user reviews.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim25 View Post
    I am hosting my site at Justhost and fortunate to say that so far there isn't any issues. It's been almost 6 months now and I still have no reason to ask tech support for help. fingers crossed...
    Pretty much the same experience. I've been with them since Sep 2009 and so far, no hickups at all. Never caught them down either. Performance seem pretty good too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been with justhost for more than 6 months and did not have any major issue. I consider that they are pretty good for the price you pay. Don't expect to have the PERFECT hosting service for this price.
    I was with dot5hosting before that and they were not good.
    I think it all depends on your expectations ....
    {snip}
    David
    Last edited by dklynn; May 14, 2010 at 15:19. Reason: Inappropriate link - if you have something to say, just do it!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get about 200,000 pageviews per month now and so far, no complaints from them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davitz38 View Post
    I have been with justhost for more than 6 months and did not have any major issue. I consider that they are pretty good for the price you pay. Don't expect to have the PERFECT hosting service for this price.
    I was with dot5hosting before that and they were not good.
    I think it all depends on your expectations ....
    {snip}
    David
    Last edited by dklynn; May 14, 2010 at 15:19.. Reason: Inappropriate link - if you have something to say, just do it!
    The link was appropriate! It was a link to another review of justhost! I wanted to share this so the people who read this post get more stuff to read about justhost!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is one of those classic cases where 90% of the users are happy but 10% making all the noises on the net, while the other 90% staying quiet. I've seen this happen a lot.

Now I'm closing on 9 months with them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishan001 View Post
    Now, this brings up an interesting question, Why People sign up for such hosts? When you have better ones around (Doreo, HostGator, BlueHost are all good), why people trust such hosts?
    Cheap and Unlimited sounds good reasons to you? By myself I had to understand this!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually had some very good experiences with the JustHost team. My site has been there for about two years with 0 issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using JustHost for quite some time now had no issues at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
    I get about 200,000 pageviews per month now and so far, no complaints from them.
    that is huge.
    my site hosted with justhost is getting thousand of visitor each month, no problem as well. Haven't try the cancelation before, but i have learn from your experience shared here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victorwill View Post
    On May 9, I signed up for service with JUSTHOST.

On my first day with JUSTHOST, I started to learn that most of the statements on their site are false. Please look at this link on their site guarantees menu. Within that link, they claim, “We guarantee that you will be able to reach us and speak with a real human being, someone who speaks English and can answer your questions, fix your problems and help you resolve your issues.” This is a FRAUD. All members of their support team I have talked to do not speak good English and cannot help you resolve any issue. They are only there to advise you to send an email, which is usually answered about 6 hours later.

The money back guarantee is a fraud. For cancellation, you have to send them an email, which is not answered days after of your request. I have not yet received my refund or a cancellation confirmation email.

The accredited with Better Business Bureau is new as of 03/23/2009 and I assume their intention for joining was another fraud for new members to trust their site. There are already 10 similar reports of refund FRAUD.
    On May 14, my account was suspended and I was asked to sign up for a dedicated server because I have exceeded the 10% usage. I contacted them on the phone to advise them that I was not planning to upgrade and need to remove my files. I was told that I needed to send an email.
    I immediately sent them an email and they never replied. Six hours later, I sent them another email to ask for my files so I can cancel my account. No reply. On day two, I sent another email no reply. So far, I have sent them over 8 email with no reply.

Justhost is a FRAUD. They get you to sign up, suspend your account, and then force you to upgrade to a dedicated server. Their claim of me exceeding the 10% CPU is false because from my cpanel, I have never exceeded 7% and my site does not have the much traffic.
    As of today, they have not confirmed my cancellation request or allowed me to get my files. I think this company is operated outside of the USA but is a reseller of another company like ThePlanet.

Please stay away from this company.
    I agree with you, and there service is worse. And when i asked for my money back they told me that in that period of time that i had made hosting with them, they don't issue refunds, but in their site it says clearly: 100% Money Back Guarantee Anytime, No Questions asked. Also how do you know that you have 7% usage, because they don't have a cpanel like hostgator. Oh and i forgot to mention, there security is worser then there service, 2 of my sites got hacked.

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Websites can be hacked in three ways:

1. Cross-site scripting, i.e., (poor coding)

2. SQL injection (worse as it can damage the entire server), i.e., by poor coding (again)

3. Hacking passwords (sniffing, cracking or using the server's access), i.e., either the host (system-wide attacks) or weak passwords (by the same coder as above)

WHICH was your problem? Did all accounts get hacked or just yours?

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

SitePoint Enthusiast florida_buddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using JustHost, no complaints so far, but I am still hoping for the best since I have 4 years hosting. Good luck to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have similar experience with Hostso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    justhost is not the worst..i think there are worse hosts out there..just my half cent