SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cooliris - a visual navigation interface for the web

Go and check it out (you'll probs need to use FF, as safari beta and Opera not supported)

It's basically a little tool that works in apple's 'coverflow' style. Supported sites at the moment are Youtube, Flickr, Current etc ... plus you can use the 'discover' option to swing through topics and news.

My thoughts are that RSS readers could hugely benefit from this kind of visual interface (especially for sites that throw out tons of posts of images like welovetypography and ffffound)

Try it out and let me know if you think it's cool?

http://www.cooliris.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it's pretty amazing. Reminds me of Joost and the likes only it takes up all web!
    Saul

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Especially as you can search sites from inside it too, such as youtube and amazon.

It's been around since 2006, but I'd never come across it before until I was checking out current TV labs http://labs.current.com and it works great as a video discovery tool on that site.

It's also pretty easy to integrate into your own site, with an API to fetch either RSS feeds or build from content within your own site.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used it for a while. It is ok. The one I love now is download helper. It is great to download videos from youtube and the like as well as convert the video to most popular formats. Plus, if you don't want the video and only the audio, you can convert it to MP3.

Of course, I am not saying that you use it to download copyrighted content. But it is a nice little tool.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download videos from youtube!? As if spending hours on it is not enough and you have to download them
    Saul

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That must be you, Mr. Daemon... I don't spend hours there because I don't have them... but I tend to look up tutorials there, and sometimes I prefer to download them because I hate waiting till the next bit loads.

And for your information, it downloads from many other places too, not only you tube.