SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much to charge for this design job...

Hey guys,

I hope this is appropriate; I am being contracted for a design job and i have to decide if I'd like to take it, and how much I am asking for the service. I'd appreciate any recommendations on how much I should charge, since I'm not up to date on this aspect.

Brief Job Description:
    • design a system to take donations via authorize.net, and be able to manage information regarding those who donated through a web interface
    • design a system to allow donors to write an informative page about their business, which will be indexed in a catalog page.
    • must have a web interface to allow the admin / donors to edit their page or delete it.

The organization has little/no technical knowledge and I will have to do everything from obtaining the .com, setting up hosting / email accounts, setting up authorize.net, obtaining SSL cert., to what I outlined above.

I will also have to provide them with 2 week support until they become comfortable with the system; I will charge a fixed monthly maintenance fee thereafter.

I appreciate all your insight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decide what your hourly rate is, calculate how long you think it will take, add a bit extra, give them the quote. Ensure that it is written in a contract that after the 2 week support they will have to pay for help if they need it, minimum 1 hour rate plus tax.
    My site: My Extension

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... actually, I don't think this is the right area...
    Off Topic:

Jonbey, your avatar is the guy from "The Office", isn't it

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a fairly weighty-ish job to me. not a small one anyway. but obviously as jonbey says hours X hourly rate. are you able to estimate roughly how many hours it'll take?

> Jonbey, your avatar is the guy from "The Office", isn't it

uk or us office? uk one i guess. i don't think it is the guy from the office. i reckon it's jonbey himself!