User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loading a PHP extension with htaccess

Hello,

I am having a problem. I recently switched hosting companies and the new company only allows me to load PHP extensions using htaccess. I am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

The program I am trying to load is ChartDirector which usually requires me to add a line in the php.ini file and store some DLL files in the php extension directory. I have access to neither, however, they told me I can load them from the bin directory which I have already stored my DLLs in. My confusion resides around what I need to add to the htaccess file.

Thank You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of doing this. I would have thought it unusual for a shared host to be setup to allow users to load extensions this way. Can't the host provide an example or some documentation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't heard about this either but maybe this could help: http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.changes.php

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranial-bore View Post
    I've never heard of doing this. I would have thought it unusual for a shared host to be setup to allow users to load extensions this way. Can't the host provide an example or some documentation?
    Actually they clarified, I need to load them using a web.config file. if that makes any difference.