SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!! Major Malfunction to my wordpress self hosted site.

When I try to access the backend of my site I get the message below. The site itself is fine. But the problem occurs when try to get into /wp-admin

Index of /wp-admin

* Parent Directory
    * images/
    * import/
    * includes/
    * js/

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mysite.com Port 80

I added a new domain....but I pointed it to the right spot...and I was in the FTP but the files in the worpress file are untouched.
    Last edited by thomasr; May 12, 2009 at 15:42.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be missing many files. There should be about 80 in /wp-admin/. Are you sure you uploaded everything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually screwed something up? So should I re-upload the wordpress files? Thing is the site is only a month old and I did not make a back-up. Some files are there....should i upload what is missing and cross my fingers.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as your theme is not named "default" or "classic", you can always re-download WordPress at wordpress.org and upload the whole thing without it affecting your site. It won't overwrite your theme, the only place you make changes, because the folder name won't be part of the WP archive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to upload content of wp-admin folder... It seems that files inside this folders are missing ...

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    As long as your theme is not named "default" or "classic", you can always re-download WordPress at wordpress.org and upload the whole thing without it affecting your site. It won't overwrite your theme, the only place you make changes, because the folder name won't be part of the WP archive.
    Wow! I didn't know that! Why would it "overwrite" the included WP themes? Since WP is dynamic, if you have content, it shouldn't mess with your database should it?
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would overwrite them, yes. The content of the blog doesn't get touched by uploading files, since there is not a single file in wordpress.zip you're ever supposed to edit. If the version of the files you upload is newer than the version of the database in wp-config.php (which is not part of the zip, but created when you ran the install script), then an upgrade process runs to update the database tables when you access the blog in a browser for the first time. Again, no data is lost.