User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much is my review website worth?

Deal Fiesta

I created Deal Fiesta in 2006 as a deal news website. Since 2008, it has been a product review site. The site has 299 product review posts, most written last summer. The domain has never changed hands.

Most of the reviews are 100-200 words, so there is more than 30,000 words of content on the site.

I am thinking about selling the site so I can devote time to other projects. The site gets 50-60 visits per day. With the right marketing it could really take off. How much do you think I could get for it?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry View Post
    With the right marketing it could really take off.
    Every seller says that. And I mean every. If it was so easy, you would've done it, so the buyer is not going to pay based on your idea of potential success.

So the value of the site is in the revenue, traffic and content that it does have.

Is there any revenue? What did it cost to produce that revenue (in hours of work, dollars of advertising, etc)?

Is the 50-60 visits per day organic traffic that will continue after the site is sold?

Are all the reviews completely original and unique to this site?

Does the new owner have to invest time making 299 edits to the posts to add their own affiliate links to the reviewed products?

Those should all be answered in your auction description if you're going to sell the site.